Autozone oil score today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually never hit an AZ at the right time. Today I guess I got lucky with my local one. I just picked up 33 bottles of oil for $69.00

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (PP) - 5w-20 - 24 bottles
Pennzoil Ultra - 10w-30 - 3 bottles
Edge Gold - 10w-30 - 6 bottles

This was all for a total of $69.00 including tax.

aVmIWdY.jpg

They also have around 30+ bottles of Pennzoil Ultra 0w-40 marked for $4.00 a bottle each but I think they would do $2 each on them.

SxcyqaS.jpg

Last edited:
I thought they sold out of all the clearance oil in early January. Nice score!

Good score if you can use it.

Too much oil can be just like the big jar of pickles down at Sams Club.

Not $$ smart in the long run.

These sales come every year now.

If the PUP 0w could just be had at that price. I got the PUP in 5w-20 at Wally World for $22 in a 5 quart jug. Some of that looks pre Dexos 1 or pure base tech. I am beginning to believe the PUP shortge is like the ammo shortages that come and go, It is not shortage but a overage of buying. LOL

Last edited:
That's a great score! Congrats.

I stopped buying oil for the stash a while back.. except for those rare occasions when it's just overwhelmingly good.

.. like when I got those 3x 5-quart jugs of Valvoline Maxlife Full Syn for $21.

.. but that's it.. honest.. I think?

I'm going to have a look and see if they're clearing out Type F ATF. I can use some to do a PS fluid exchange to my E-150.

I just picked up 24 bottle of the PUP 0W40 last week for $2 a quart! Good scores to be had if you're in the right store at the right time!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm going to have a look and see if they're clearing out Type F ATF. I can use some to do a PS fluid exchange to my E-150.

AZ brand is $2 a quart in middle TN.

What's your guys' opinions on the Pennzoil Ultra 0w40 (SRT) below for $2 a quart? I'm thinking about getting it to mix with the 5w-20 to make a 30 weight.. Any experiences? seems like it would be decent for $2 a quart..

SxcyqaS.jpg

Originally Posted By: jdavis
What's your guys' opinions on the Pennzoil Ultra 0w40 (SRT) below for $2 a quart? I'm thinking about getting it to mix with the 5w-20 to make a 30 weight.. Any experiences? seems like it would be decent for $2 a quart..

SxcyqaS.jpg

Honestly just run it straight! I tried 0w40 castrol in my lexus and it felt like I constantly pulled a 1500lb trailer. And fuel economy was worse - 16mpg instead of usual 19mpg. Now the SRT does not feel like that. It feels real smooth and "light on its feet". Starts super easy in all 4 of my vehicles, does not have ANY lifter noise on cold start. 5w30 for example always had a little noise below freezing or on morning start for about 3 seconds in any car. And when it's warmed up to operating temperature - it felt like a regular 30 weight. Same as M1 0w30 AFE actually. Fuel economy stays around 20mpg versus usual 19mpg. So far I love it!!! Have not tried (and never will) an extended OCI. So idk how SRT will handle extended OCI. I'm a 5000 mile OCI man. So far I'm a happy camper. Try it. Straight 0w40, no brews. If during OCI it will give you doubts, then brew it on the next OCI. But definitely try it alone for an OCI. I'm 99% sure that you will not be disappointed. Good luck!!!

Thanks, the only reason I was considering making a 30ish weight brew was because when I acquired the 24 quarts of PUP 5w-20 on clearance it was earmarked for a vehicle that I have now sold lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back