What's a stable Dual Band A/G/N router for cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MysticGold04
Sorry, I have to chime in here and give a vote for the Linksys series that support DD-WRT. I have two of the E4200 routers that I got off of ebay for about $70. One is connected to my cable modem, the other sits in my office and is linked to the other router. From the office, my wired PCs have access to the network at 50mb/sec.(what I'm paying for speed-wise) I haven't been happier.

I have also created a "pseudo" WAP with an older 54GL model connected to the same network to boost the signal in the other rooms in my house.

Is the connection robust??

Originally Posted by Donald
Archer AC-1750 - its rated very well especially for a price of about $100.

I feel quite duped by those reviews. It works quite well when working but found mine would lock up after 24-36 hrs and require reboot. I have 21 items on my network of which 4 are wired.

I run latest firmware and tried ddrt too, same problem.

Just an FYI, to the other guy, this thread is 2 years old.

As far as the Archer AC 1750,
Have you looked into other causes?
Have you updated to the latest firmware?
and have you explored other possible issues in the area of your home such as electrical interference, possible LED lighting fixtures or bulbs ect.

I only ask because I work on customers routers almost on a daily basis of all brands. Im in the security business.

I have found the AC 1750 to be rock solid. So much so, in 25 or more years of computing this router amazes me so much that I would be afraid to switch.
I have NEVER owned a router that never needed a reboot until the AC 1750. Maybe its possible you have a defective one as every product from any maker spits one out sooner or later.

I dont have 21 Wifi items on my network but I do have at least 15 ( I need to count them when time, maybe I do have more!) AND also have my wifes company supplied Cisco VPN router which is linked to her office over 1000 miles away, plugged into the back of the AC 1750, the Cisco router is strictly for home office use on one computer and phone set up.

Anyway, it cant hurt to try these, just using the Amazon link as an example, I avoid all things Amazon and normally buy them through ebay, sometime direct from China.
There is a reason they are on factory cables of any quality product and they DO reduce electrical interference, depending on type, greatly.
I put them on ANYTHING electronic in my home and my home network and anything attached get two on each and every line.

Ferrite Filters - CLICK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back