Status
Not open for further replies.
very simple, pick up phone,
and they will ask if....
then say very slowly

"Sorry, no inglias, no inglias, "

if that does not work, then
try this instead
"Sorry John Doe [your name] died a few weeks back, or John Doe is in GITMO".

;-)

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Quote:
Tell them you're an illegal immigrant.

Don't do that. You will have identified yourself as a Democrat and you'll be contacted for welfare, food stamps and asked how many children you have and do you need to borrow some more children for your first welfare assessment appointment.

Right, but if you lead them to believe you're a Republican, they'll immediately call Obama, who will send his squad out to confiscate all of your guns!

What I'm trying to say is, say nothing!

Originally Posted By: CT8
Vote for me and everything will be for free.

Renewable Lubes for everyone, on CT8!
10.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I am being driven insane by all the political calls. I swear I get 20+ a day and have for months now. I don't even answer my phone any more. Good lord it needs to end!

Figures when the politicians created the do not call registry they made an exception for political calls.

HATE IT!!!
mad.gif

My typical call:

Them: "Hi, I'm from Candidate X"
Me: I'm on the Federal Do Not Call list.
Them" "We're not selling anything"
Me: Yes you are, you're selling your candidate. Now since you lied I'm going to vote for the other candidate so take me off of your list. Goodbye.

Cuts down on the calls immensely. Or at least I think it does. At least it's fun to hear them sputter.

Last edited:
+1 to indicating something that immediately categorizes the call as 'no way of being productive'

Dish telemarketers didn't have a scripted response for "I own no TV"

When the guy ad-libbed "Are you waiting for a new one to arrive?" I said no; he was speechless and promptly excused himself from the conversation.

No rudeness involved.

Last edited:
Answer the phone, listen to their blah,blah......,see how long it takes them to hangup.
Or, as suggested above, Tell them your brother was in a terrible accident and died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You must still have an old fashioned land line. Just use a cell phone.

We are supposed to have them in earthquake country. The cell towers go out and usually a landline on long distance can get out.

Sounds like the land line company's trying to scare you into purchasing their product.

I use a program called Phone Tray. Works very well for blocking calls.

My wife and I haven't gotten a single call, and I'm also in NH.

Now I'm glad I kept my old (non-NH) cell number!

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You must still have an old fashioned land line. Just use a cell phone.

We are supposed to have them in earthquake country. The cell towers go out and usually a landline on long distance can get out.

Sounds like the land line company's trying to scare you into purchasing their product.

We have had both our land lines for 48 years, 16 of those I was just a thought, so a lot of family only have those numbers.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
My wife and I haven't gotten a single call, and I'm also in NH.

Now I'm glad I kept my old (non-NH) cell number!

It is happening on my land line.

I dropped the land line years ago. I have VOIP with a rural out of town exchange number. No one calls it. Wife and I use our cell phones mostly. Haven't had a political call in years.

Silence is golden.....
happy2.gif

When I get an unknown call I usually ask who is calling instead of saying it is me.

So if it is spam I can either say:

1) This person just passed away, so I'm not sure what to say right now.
2) This is officer XXXX, we found this phone at a crime scene.

They usually just hang up right away and not call back again.

I have to have a land line to those asking why I don't just have a cell. There is absolutely NO cell reception inside my house at all and even outside in my yard it is spotty. I am in a bad location for signal here where my house is even though signal strength around this area in general is very good/excellent.

I never should have unlisted my phone number last year. I never got any calls from telemarketers, surveys, political [censored], etc... I figured the $2.95 a month fee to be unlisted was ridiculous so I stopped it. I now realize it was well worth it.

Obviously I look at caller ID before answering and ignore numbers I don't recognize but that doesn't stop the phone from ringing non stop. I am tired of hearing it ring and tired of hearing my AM pick up every 15-20 minutes from like 9AM - 8PM.

I will be glad when it goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back