2016 Civic sedan is selling very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new 2016 Civic sedan is second behind Camry for the month of January, 26741 vs 26847 or 107 less than Camry.

This volume is with the 4-dr sedan only, the coupe, hatchback, SI and Type-R will be available in the next few months or next year. When they are available Civic may take over Camry as best selling car in US, behind the three traditional pickup leaders: Ram Pickup, Silverado and F-Series. But they are having some problems with the 2.0L engine, this may effect the sale somewhat.

The new Civic looks okay all around, but I still don't like the tail lights.

Looks great to me and not so cookie cutter. Probably a design that will grow on me even more in the future. Funny I've hardly seen any of them on the road. Looks much better than the previous gen.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The new 2016 Civic sedan is second behind Camry for the month of January, 26741 vs 26847 or 107 less than Camry.

This volume is with the 4-dr sedan only, the coupe, hatchback, SI and Type-R will be available in the next few months or next year. When they are available Civic may take over Camry as best selling car in US, behind the three traditional pickup leaders: Ram Pickup, Silverado and F-Series. But they are having some problems with the 2.0L engine, this may effect the sale somewhat.

The new Civic looks okay all around, but I still don't like the tail lights.

February won't be so good with a stop sale order on any of the Civics with the non-turbo engine.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm not a big fan of the styling, but it's alright I guess.

Iirc, a fully loaded Civ runs $26k msrp. Which sounds super high but Accords can top out at around 40k msrp. A run of the mill Civ LX auto is $20k msrp.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Wonder if it will poach sales of Accords? it is bigger than before..

Accord sale volume last month was 1.2% less than January a year ago, and dropped from 5th to 9th partially because of the Civic.

They fixed the interior - I hated the old multi level dash. The outside is now hideous - almost like they hired some Nissan reject stylist. Honda has fallen hard, maybe they'll get it together eventually.

I thought I read on here that Honda stopped selling civics because of engine problems?

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I like everything about it.. especially the tail lights - that's why I bought one.
YMMV

Are you worried about the piston pin snap ring issue?

Originally Posted By: mikered30
I thought I read on here that Honda stopped selling civics because of engine problems?

Only the normally aspirated 2.0L engine.

Not surprised. An appropriate sized 4 door car, decent enough looking, and well executed car with a Honda name attached. Hard not to sell well.

Will they have a base level hatchback with a manual transmission? I am not impressed with Honda's automatic or CVT transmissions or want a high sticker sports car.

Not a big fan of the headlights, grill or taillights, but the body has an interesting shape... Though I have to wonder if they copied Mazda on it.

I like my Accord's lines better.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I like everything about it.. especially the tail lights - that's why I bought one.
YMMV

Are you worried about the piston pin snap ring issue?

I was at first. I have the 2.0 K20C2 engine.
But after calling the customer assistance hotline..they confirmed that my vehicle was not one affected by the cir clip recall.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
They fixed the interior - I hated the old multi level dash. The outside is now hideous - almost like they hired some Nissan reject stylist. Honda has fallen hard, maybe they'll get it together eventually.

Yeah I saw one the other day and ***** it is. But then again Honda's designs have been quite ugly as of late. Mediocre cars with a good "aura" sums up Honda for quite a while.

Saw a few on the road and thought Nope. Then at the auto show they looked better to me. It's a Civic, I wouldn't buy it for looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back