Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage and Blend HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage in my vehicle . The price at Wal-Mart was about $26 for a 5 qt jug. The Valvoline Synthetic Blend High Mileage was always just about 3 dollars cheaper so I chose the full Synthetic. Well just was at Wal-Mart they have the Synthetic Blend High Mileage on Sale for $14.17 and the Full Synthetic High Mileage priced at $22.88. I am thinking of using the Blend and at that price as I am doing 5,000 oci and it is a 1996 Ford Taurus with less than 62K (Great car) I am also thinking of buying several jugs of both and then mixing myself the Full Synthetic with the Blend. I have 3 vehicles that all use 5W 30 Valvoline Full Synthetic HM. Just a thought . thanks

Yeah I think that would be the thing to do at that price . I have a few quarts of the Full synthetic blend that got left over as I did not use all 5 qts for on the last oci so I will dump those in first .

What would be the point in mixing? Higher percent of synthetic oil? Both pass DEXOS1.

I really like valvoline products... i use the full syn high mileage like yourself. But for the price point and your oci, i think your fine with the blend.

Another High Mileage & ILSAC 5W-30 oil.......don't get Garak and me started.

However, it's a good oil and I think the synblend at a good price is a fine way to go. I quite like synblends / semi-synthetic oils, and I think Valvoline do a good one. Should be fine in your '96 Ford.

MaxLife Blend has always been $17-$18 everyday price at my local Walmart, the full syn $25-$26. You sure you have your prices right?....

Yes, the Blend is on rollback for $15.XX now.

I have 3 quarts of MAXLIFE full syn & 3 quarts MaxLife Synthetic Blend in the Fusion right now. MaxLife Blend & a Motorcraft filter are perfect for a 5K mi. OCI.

Originally Posted By: NH73
What would be the point in mixing? Higher percent of synthetic oil? Both pass DEXOS1.

Well it first it was because I still have 2 qts left of full synthetic HM and I was going to purchase a few jugs of the Blend and just mix them together. I though that I could buy a jug of the Full Synthetic as it is on sale to and mix it with the Blend and I thought it would give it a better percent of synthetic oil as you stated. But I am good with just going with the Blend.

I'm not gonna say any bad on or about MaxLife since our shop has used it without 0 that's ZERO issues in my 13+ years there. Speaks a lot for Valvoline for me

Originally Posted By: Branson304
MaxLife Blend has always been $17-$18 everyday price at my local Walmart, the full syn $25-$26. You sure you have your prices right?....

Yes, the Blend is on rollback for $15.XX now.

I have 3 quarts of MAXLIFE full syn & 3 quarts MaxLife Synthetic Blend in the Fusion right now. MaxLife Blend & a Motorcraft filter are perfect for a 5K mi. OCI.

Branson I did see it priced just recently at the $17 to $18 price range but prior to that at my Wal-Mart it was $22 something and at that price I decided to pay the few extra dollars for the Full synthetic HM , I also remember looking at the Quaker State Full Synthetic as it was cheaper than the Valvoline Blend at that time . This is the lowest I have seen it thought as it priced $14.17 yesterday when I was doing my weekly shopping.

Dunno-unless you have a consumption problem, the ST conventional for $8/5 quarts is hard to beat, if I wasn't overstocked, I'd be backing up the truck on that one!

Or the rural King syn deal
smile.gif

id go with the fullsynmax life, 22 bucks is hard to beat for a quality syn esp when the blends have only 10-20% of full syn in them!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mctmatt
Originally Posted By: NH73

Well it first it was because I still have 2 qts left of full synthetic HM and I was going to purchase a few jugs of the Blend and just mix them together. I though that I could buy a jug of the Full Synthetic as it is on sale to and mix it with the Blend and I thought it would give it a better percent of synthetic oil as you stated. But I am good with just going with the Blend.

If you have some to use up, yeah that is fine to mix. But I don't believe its worth to make a habit over considering how much more the full synthetic is.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Dunno-unless you have a consumption problem, the ST conventional for $8/5 quarts is hard to beat, if I wasn't overstocked, I'd be backing up the truck on that one!

Wow that is a great price. I have always run at least a Synthetic Blend since I have had the car but I am not opposed to using good conventional. I had just a small drip at the pan that popped up when I went full synthetic High Mileage but it was a very small amount and quickly stopped to not be seen again since that time. The oil stays right close to the fill line which I check once a week on Sunday (Tire pressure, Oil level and gas before the work week begins) I enjoy doing it in the morning with a good hot cup of coffee and a warm jump suit that easy to slip on for this old man!

The weird thing is, on the XJ in my sig, I have used both MaxLife full syn & blend, but I've also used some older regular Synpower, & the leak hasn't returned (rear main & front cover on the 4.0). I just have so much green NextGen MaxLife from when O'Reilly was practically giving it away that I haven't needed to buy any.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
id go with the fullsynmax life, 22 bucks is hard to beat for a quality syn esp when the blends have only 10-20% of full syn in them!

I think Valvoline semi-synthetic has 30 to 40 % synthetic in it. A guy in a previous thead phoned them up to ask.

I would very happily use either full or semi from Valvoline, they do a quality product.

I am going to purchase a few jugs of the Blend and probably a couple of jugs of the Synthetic just because it is about $4 less than what I would normally pay. Being that I am going to stick with 5k oci as many have said from conventional to full synthetic they will all do an excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back