Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, for trading, I'd either look for shorting opportunities or if you're looking for longs, wait for closes above moving averages/trendlines that were resistance on the way down. Especially with oil/energy stocks. Why try and catch a falling knife when you have better odds after the trend has reversed???

China can't keep up with 35% market rises. OMG lets all panic. It borders on ridiculous.
Plus oil is too low?! Low oil price is good for the majority of companies and people.

I will be buying more S&P shortly.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
China can't keep up with 35% market rises. OMG lets all panic. It borders on ridiculous.
Plus oil is too low?! Low oil price is good for the majority of companies and people.

I will be buying more S&P shortly.

It seems that no matter what happens, "people" try to make bad news out of it.

Good stocks,(as well as bad stocks), will/are going to be on sale very soon.

This market advice is for trading only. I think we may have bottomed. I was expecting the U.S. market to drop today considering the Shanghai Composite fell almost 8% last night. But we rallied into the close....which is a good sign. Were in a Bear Market so 401k money is out of the question. I'd like to see the $SPX get over that 1907 area. GL

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Anybody have utilities in their portfolio ?

I'm talking about individual stocks, not mutual funds.

I've owned ctws for a long time. The rest are all mutual,funds I've also had a long while..

With sluggish market, I need to rely on dividends...

I want to get into some dividend paying stocks,
what do you guys own?

Originally Posted By: stockrex

what do you guys own?

The entire market. Its called Vanguard Total Stock Market, mutual fund or ETF. Why settle for one, when you can own them all?

Dividends are false hope. Look at total return vs dividends. Either the company's stock price goes up or they pay that value out to investors as dividends. They don't create magic money and pass it out. Dividends are forced selling of part of the company's value. If you go with a total return strategy, you get to choose when to sell and at lower tax rates (look at cap gains tax vs dividends). Do some reading, before jumping in.

Originally Posted By: stockrex

what do you guys own?

I like boring companies like Verizon and AT&T, got $20,000 last year in dividends combined from both.
Some like dividend investing, better than a CD paying under 1% interest. Again, different folks invest differently... nothing wrong with that. Some like 100% index/mutual/ ETF funds, while others like me are 50/50.

surfstar,
Dividends false hope ???

I've done well over the past 20 years with dividends, PM if you want a screenshot...
I'll be more than happy to show you the results, I'm not kidding. Trust me, you will think differently about dividends.

Been buying SPXU since end of Sept....

This deflationary spiral is picking up steam. No one in this generation has been through one so they don't have a clue what to do.

You have to go out to 10 year charts to find technical support, for example, the S&P500 should find support at 1575. Notice I said "should" not "will".

Dow futures down 300 this am. Trap door opening?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back