Motosel Motor Oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motosel was posted here before, and given it's unproven track record, I'd shy away @ all cost.

Afterall: there are literally hundreds of oil blenders from outside of the country making claims and blending their own stuff. Hexk! Even mid-east or Malaysia domestic oil blenders were claiming API SN rating in their product sold, but local users cited discrepancies in the performance or outcome of their product.

Caveat Emptor!

Q.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3592818/Searchpage/1/Main/228668/Words/motosel/Search/true/Re:_Ever_heard_of_Motosel_oil?#Post3592818

Q.

Motosel is one of the relatively unknown, in North America anyway, yet high quality oils. It is virgin base oil, not recycled, is usually quite dark with additives (not over refined) and meets a wide range of manufacturer approvals.

They started out mainly as a highly respected, industrial fluids company; hydraulic fluid, cutting fluids etc.

They make a very high quality,full synthetic Euro motor oil too,, 5W40, which meets Mercedes, VW, Audi and other European approvals, requiring a low SAPS oil due to very restrictive PCV systems.

Pricing is lower that Motul or other Euro specific brands and the oil matches or exceeds competitors products.

I don't work for Motosel or anything, but I am a mechanic and run a shop, since turning on to Motosel I have supported the product. No come backs, no problems.They do back it with a miti-million dollar warranty too though, just in case.

Any company that puts this on their website has zero credibility with me...

OW20-Full-syn-comparison-chart.jpg

5W-40-FullSyn-Chart.jpg

Originally Posted By: "ozmedia"
They make a very high quality,full synthetic Euro motor oil too,, 5W40, which meets Mercedes, VW, Audi and other European approvals, requiring a low SAPS oil due to very restrictive PCV systems.

Really? All I see is the statement...

Originally Posted By: "Motosel"
MOTOSEL SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil have been field tested to be comparable to American, European and Japanese manufacturers’ requirements for: ACEA A1/B1 & A5/B5, GM 6094M, Chrysler MS6395M as well as many other Ford, Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, GM and Chrysler vehicle requirements where a premium API SN synthetic motor oil is recommended.

That is a very different thing to having approvals and essentially is their judgement call about how a field test might compare with formal approval testing.

I'm sure it's all good and many people use it with without issue, but I must admit to preferring a little more credibility from suppliers of technical stuff.

ozmedia, I question your assertions, since both your posts are identical, word for word cut and paste jobs. They are your only posts on the board and read like those of a shill, particularly for an non-sponsor product.

See, I can cut and paste, too.

Motosel is garbage. All the quick lubes here will use it cause it's dirt cheap. They tried selling me some 15W40, telling me it has a million dollar engine warranty and all this other happy horse poop and how it's virgin oil and most oils are. Sure they can say there's warranty up front but who's going to be there when actually something goes wrong.

Garak, those graphs are really misleading cause they're made by Motosel to look good. If it was a real/serious graph, there at least would be some labelling on the side for 0 for the bottom and maybe 200 and 20 on the top.

Last edited:
Agreed, those are laughable at best. We may get hosed on oil in Canada, but we don't get hosed that bad that we need to be this kind of rubbish, and get hosed worse. Any shop that buys stuff like this is nuts, too. Imperial Oil, Shell, Wakefield, Petro-Canada, Husky, and so forth will all sell you certified lubes in bulk at decent prices.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Agreed, those are laughable at best. We may get hosed on oil in Canada, but we don't get hosed that bad that we need to be this kind of rubbish, and get hosed worse. Any shop that buys stuff like this is nuts, too. Imperial Oil, Shell, Wakefield, Petro-Canada, Husky, and so forth will all sell you certified lubes in bulk at decent prices.

They don't want the customer to know this.

When you asked earlier who distributes Chevron in BC is actually a company called Catalys Lubricants. Not Chevron themselves.

Last edited:
I know this is a double post but just to let you know...

They're making claims that they have a Dexos license on their 5W30 Syn Blend Oil. But its not even on the licensed list. Flashpoint is higher on their blended oil but lower on their full synthetic.

They are also getting data from PQIA, so they know that exists. The next thing they're going to find out that there's people like us talking trash about their products. LOL.

Not sure where they're getting data from Amsoil and Redline though because PQIA doesn't test much of that stuff.

I should go buy some since their Warehouse is so close and I know where to get some. I want to run a VOA of this garbage.

Their 15W40 is claiming TBNs of 9.6 and 10. Two different TBN numbers for the same oil? They need to get their stuff together if they're trying to do this kind of stuff. I bet the have a department just to make up absurd claims on how "great" their products are.

Last edited:
For Chevron here, it's Husky/Mohawk that distributes them. Some Havoline stuff is in Partsource stores. I lot of trucking outfits sell Chevron PCMOs and HDEOs, too, here, and at decent prices.

As for Motosel, I'm sure that's why the guy did two drive by posts. Of course, he doesn't realize how counterproductive it is. We're not idiots here, and he won't be getting sales from BITOG, or free publicity. He'll end up having his stuff exposed as a sham for everyone to see.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Garak, those graphs are really misleading cause they're made by Motosel to look good. If it was a real/serious graph, there at least would be some labelling on the side for 0 for the bottom and maybe 200 and 20 on the top.

It's not the axis dimensions that are the problem. Clue: try reconciling each graph's subtitle with the charts' data...

Last edited:
The reason it is so cheap in BC is because it is imported in bulk and then packaged in Coquitlam, instead of importing packaged product.

You don't have to believe anything, some people believe in God or Bigfoot, it's not my place to set them straight or say their beliefs are wrong.
I'm just stating first hand knowledge, if you don't care to take it on board, do what you feel is best for you, makes no difference to me whatsoever.

The initial question was someone wanted to know about Motosel and was asking if anyone knew the brand. I know about Motosel and offered my personal experience. Now, everyone seems to know all about Motosel all of a sudden. Get over yourself, I don't care.

Last edited:
Drive by posts? Do tell.

I have nothing to do with Motosel, someone asked about the brand and nobody offered any info.

I know the brand and have used it without any issues or comebacks so I registered to help out and offer my first hand experience.
Now everyone has such great knowledge of who I am and what Motosel is. I know you are full of rubbish because you certainly haven't figured me out, but your assumptions prove you like to reach rash and unqualified conclusions just to chuckle with your peers.

I know I am not a member of your special little peer group, but assumed it was a public forum on a website that I have visited many times to gather opinions. I know see that it's just a little boys club for those with like minded opinions and anything else is unacceptable. Just another girly tea party that's not worth the keystrokes.

Grow up kiddie, it was an opinion.

Last edited:
When someone's entire post history in a two week period is about one brand of product, it tends to look like shilling. It's happened before, and it will happen again. Cutting and pasting posts word for word don't help, either. Their own literature is filled with hogwash, as has already been shown here in the example posted. When an oil company is flummoxed by the definitions of VI, KV, and TBN, I don't hold out much faith. Considering the company's own literature, yes, faith is important here, since the authors don't know how to define the data, much less present it.

Originally Posted By: weasley
Really? All I see is the statement...

Originally Posted By: "Motosel"
MOTOSEL SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil have been field tested to be comparable to American, European and Japanese manufacturers’ requirements for: ACEA A1/B1 & A5/B5, GM 6094M, Chrysler MS6395M as well as many other Ford, Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, GM and Chrysler vehicle requirements where a premium API SN synthetic motor oil is recommended.

Quote:
That is a very different thing to having approvals and essentially is their judgement call about how a field test might compare with formal approval testing.
I'm sure it's all good and many people use it with without issue, but I must admit to preferring a little more credibility from suppliers of technical stuff.

"Meets the following performance specifications:"

JASO MA2 (T903-2011)
BMW Longlife-04
Ford WSS – M2C917-A
Fiat 9.55535-S2
VW 502.00/505.00/507.00
Porsche A40
Renault RN 0700/0710
Opel GM-LL-A/B-025 (Demo)
ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4
API SN/CF
MB Approval 229.3 (v2012.2)/229.5 (v2012.2)

You posted info on synthetic 5w40. They have a specific, low SAPS formula, 5W40 "Euro", which is what I described.
http://motosel.com/products/ultra-euro/full-synthetic-5w-40/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ozmedia
"Meets the following performance specifications:"

JASO MA2 (T903-2011)
BMW Longlife-04
Ford WSS – M2C917-A
Fiat 9.55535-S2
VW 502.00/505.00/507.00
Porsche A40
Renault RN 0700/0710
Opel GM-LL-A/B-025 (Demo)
ACEA A3/B3 & A3/B4
API SN/CF
MB Approval 229.3 (v2012.2)/229.5 (v2012.2)

You posted info on synthetic 5w40. They have a specific, low SAPS formula, 5W40 "Euro", which is what I described.
http://motosel.com/products/ultra-euro/full-synthetic-5w-40/

So why doesn't it show up on the MB approved products list? And why are they claiming obsolete ACEA specifications (see the label)? And claiming VW 507 00 without 504 00?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back