Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oldhp
I hope ALL the Union haters get pay cuts when ALL the Unions fail and EVERYBODY gets paid $15 per hour. ALL pay scales are set by Union labor pay scales. The ONLY people that benefit from NON-Union labor is big business CEO's.
Will FORD lower the cost of their cars??? When inner earth freezes over.

Really? The basis for the constant push to raise the minimum wage, is so the union can reap the benefits... by dictating in their contracts that the wage for job X is 3 times the minimum wage, and the wage for job Y is 4 times minimum wage.

And when the minimum wage goes up, the unions benefit.

I hope ALL the Union haters get pay cuts when ALL the Unions fail and EVERYBODY gets paid $15 per hour. ALL pay scales are set by Union labor pay scales. The ONLY people that benefit from NON-Union labor is big business CEO's.

oh yeah the same old tired argument that all of labors pay is somehow magically tied to union pay. What a crock of union fed [censored]. Non-union pay is governed by supply and demand. Just becaus eso union handout say it, does not make it a fact.

I read that in the 1960's that Flint Michigan was the richest area in the US. Now its silicon valley. How's the union mentality working for you?

Unions benefit all working Americans. Look at the fall of the middle class, it parallels the fall in union membership. Also look to the south where unions were never strong, they always had poor economic environments.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

The consumer will continue to take it in the neck, just like always. Once I pay for all of the increased union demands, and the increased government demands....

Hey Trav and mrsilv04, do you know that we have some new 2nd tier GM employees that can qualify for federal assistance? The new hires get paid less, no pension, and greatly reduced benefits. I think you should actually come into a plant and see what is going on before you make [censored] remarks like this. The UAW is not the one you should be unhappy with.

Federal assistance? Oh come on. Get on planet earth. Then I guess every retail employee get federal assistance then?

And when you have cars built for $5 per hour wages you would think that the price of the car would go down. What we are seeing is a race to the bottom, no one will be happy until everyone gets paid Walmart wages.

+1

Originally Posted By: Trav
+1 The UAW has been raping the companies for decades now they raped the employees out of their jobs. They all got exactly what they ordered.

That about sums it up.Then toss in greed.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
People seem to buying Mazdas and Nissans made in Mexico. I blame the UAW

Fixed it for you.

It simply goes with the dollars....it's less expensive so profits are increased for the company. Shame that more jobs are leaving the US....soon we'll be completely outsourced with larger unemployment numbers...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
And when you have cars built for $5 per hour wages you would think that the price of the car would go down. What we are seeing is a race to the bottom, no one will be happy until everyone gets paid Walmart wages.

+1

+2

Really? The basis for the constant push to raise the minimum wage, is so the union can reap the benefits... by dictating in their contracts that the wage for job X is 3 times the minimum wage, and the wage for job Y is 4 times minimum wage.

And when the minimum wage goes up, the unions benefit.

I have never seen that.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Unions benefit all working Americans. Look at the fall of the middle class, it parallels the fall in union membership. Also look to the south where unions were never strong, they always had poor economic environments.

+1 Exactly.

It is called the new world order. NAFTA benefitting the USA workers.Just like it is planned to do.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
FWIW the build quality on my mom's 2014 Fusion built in Hermosillo is a lot higher than the build quality of my 2014 Mustang built in Flat Rock.
have you gotten bitten by drive line issues?
My Brother bought a 2016 EB w/performance pack last fall, and suddenly, within the last month,has been getting a strong vibration while driving. today he put the car up on blocks, rev'd it up, and the whole car was shaking.

The 6 speed manual in Mustangs since 2011, except the GT500, is made in China. I am on the 3rd unit currently. One was shipped without the input shaft seal installed.

MY 2011 Silverado Crew Cab was built in Mexico. I purchased it new and it is an excellent vehicle......

CAUTION THREAD CLOSING AHEAD!

Last edited:

Absolutely true!!! Where do folks think the 40 hour work week came from, along with decent pay, safe work environments, and benefits? Because the Ivory Tower clowns GAVE it to the rank and file employees WILLINGLY????
crazy2.gif
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Those clueless folks need to study their history and learn about the
"Dirty Thirties" when Union members were often times
murdered, and seriously injured when pushing for safe work environments, 40 hr work weeks, good benefits, ect.

Last edited:
Globalization in action. Exciting!

To be against globalization is the same as being against capitalism.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
FWIW the build quality on my mom's 2014 Fusion built in Hermosillo is a lot higher than the build quality of my 2014 Mustang built in Flat Rock.
have you gotten bitten by drive line issues?
My Brother bought a 2016 EB w/performance pack last fall, and suddenly, within the last month,has been getting a strong vibration while driving. today he put the car up on blocks, rev'd it up, and the whole car was shaking.

what is an EB?

most of the problems I had with 70s and 80s GM cars were design, engineering, bad material choices and "cheapening" issues, or failure to fix known for years manufacturing problems, none of which were caused by the union.

Nothing to do with the UAW...

Do you really think that? Then why is Ford doing it, if not for cheaper labor, which is not controlled by the UAW?

Let's see how long the former Mitsubishi plant in Normal, IL sits empty. I don't see a line forming, of companies fighting each other to inherit the union labor force at that plant.

Why did Hyundai build in Alabama, and not in Michigan? Why is Honda now in southern Indiana, and not in Illinois? Why is BMW in South Carolina, and not in New York?

Yeah, nothing to do with the UAW. Riiiiiight.

Sounds to me like you're jealous. You must not make good money?

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Globalization in action. Exciting!

To be against globalization is the same as being against capitalism.

Capitalism needs gov't regulation to keep it in check. It will destroy itself unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back