PP and Honda CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a couple 5 quart jugs of PP 0W-20 at WalMart a while back. Seems like there was a rebate going on and I had some gift cards, so the price was pretty cheap. The car in question is a 2008 Honda CR-V with the 2.4 engine with 118,000 miles.

I have been running M1 EP 0W-20 and Castrol Edge in this engine and follow the maintenance minder. I change the oil and filter when the minder reaches 15%, which has been right at 10,000 miles ever since the car was brand new. Last oil change I used the PP and a NAPA Gold filter. Will this combo be safe for a 10,000 mile run? The car usually requires about 3/4 of a quart top off half way through the cycle.

Last edited:
That will be a fine combo. A lot of my customers (that are known to slack a bit on maintenance...) end up running the maint. minder way into the negatives with just cheap bulk oil...

Todays oils aren't like the 1970s oils . So much misinformation being spewed in the internet.

You're good to go. Pennzoil platinum is an excellent oil for 10k OCI. The Honda 2.4L is easy on oil. Just make sure to check the oil level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back