Valvoline V0-88, 5,000 miles, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. This filter was off my moms friend that watches her rental property since mom and stepdad live out of state. 2013 Jeep Compass, 45,xxx miles on vehicle and the oil was MaxLife blend 5w20. Tough guard filter and some Durablend 5w20 courtesy of $8/jug at Autozone went in and on. Enjoy the pics. Made June 24, 2015 1st shift and Line "D" in Fayetteville NC

6tkyf9.jpg

z8jg6.jpg

30m0oyp.jpg

10romyx.jpg

wagkzp.jpg

2ef22ki.jpg

w6z34n.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
Looks good yes indeed
smile.gif

It definitely looks good.

It looks like a Purolator design.

Do you know who makes it?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It's Purolator based on the date code formatting

So not all Purolator made filters are bad?

Some models made during the same time period tore so it's kind of varied depending on filter model number. This particular filter was made in June 2015.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3501208/Purolator_Date_Code_Table

I wouldn't use any of the yellow or white cans

I presume that means Purolator PureOnes or Purolator Classics.

1. I am glad that car51 made this post because it demonstrates not all Purolators are bad.

2. From a practical view, how do we know when a particular Purolator made filter is fixed?

3. Same question for the equivalent Motorcraft?

For my application the FL-820S is of poor quality but I have seen others that are flawless like this one.

We can assume when Purolator changed the lineup from classic and PureOne to Purolator, PurolatorOne, and Purolator Boss and changed the media+paint job it "should" be fixed now. Although I haven't seen any used filters cut open it would be hilarious to make all those design changes without a fix.

I wouldn't use the FL820S until there's plenty of proof it's fixed, as far as I know it's had no internal changes probably because Ford?/Motorcraft doesn't know yet about the issue.

But yes I would avoid any classic or PureOne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back