Edge Ep & purolator Boss filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
hjones, As long as 90% of all trips are over 7 miles, then fewer acids are formed, so less chance for sludge, and longer lasting oil.

Walmart has it for $27 for 5 quart jug, or walmart.com will ship it to you. Good choice on oil, but M1 EP at walmart is priced about the same and likely just as good.

Use a Fram Ultra. Best oil filter from a filtering perspective and rugged construction combined.

I used to have an '04 2.7L V6, loved the way it revs, good for 200 hp. It is not respected much in the engine world though.

Thanks-I use the "best " oil & filter i can afford at the time. The 2.7 's poor reputation terrifies me, although most of the shortcomings were reportedly addressed in 2004 & later versions

Sounds like a fine combo to me. You could leave the boss filter on for multiple oil changes.
I would just use a good Dino or a cheaper synthetic like super tech for 5k Odcis in your situation though.

I'd recommend Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 which is using the older api SL approvals which means boosted zddp plus it's already loaded with Boron and moly too.

The filter choice is up to you but the Fram Ultra is superior to all other off the shelf filter if you care about specs, it's 99%+ efficient at 20 microns and 80%@5 microns, also 22-32 grams holding capacity depending on can size, which means 15,000 miles of holding capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back