How are these exhaust parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just had the flex pipe, main cat. converter, center pipe and muffler replaced on my I35 due to leaks all over the place. I looked at the repair order and my mechanic used a Catco-brand cat and Auto Parts Int'l exhaust parts. Anybody have experience with said brands? The cat is 48-state certified so I guess I can't move to CA or NY (oh darn
grin.gif
).

Last edited:
Exhaust is exhaust, unless you wanted high dollar stainless steel Its as good as anything else out there. Main thing with aftermarket exhaust it how well it fits and how well the installer "makes" it fit.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Exhaust is exhaust, unless you wanted high dollar stainless steel Its as good as anything else out there. Main thing with aftermarket exhaust it how well it fits and how well the installer "makes" it fit.

In my opinion there are two classes of exhaust parts. OEM and everything else. There may be minor differences in the aftermarket that make one brand better than others, but nothing is like the OEM for fit and quality.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: racin4ds

In my opinion there are two classes of exhaust parts. OEM and everything else. There may be minor differences in the aftermarket that make one brand better than others, but nothing is like the OEM for fit and quality.

I beg to differ, Borla makes products that put the OEM to shame for less money.

Well OK, but considering Borla doesn't make catalytic converters, nor anything for the OP's Infiniti that might be a hard sell. They didn't make anything for my Accord either, which is what I was basing that statement on. But I'll give you that if you need something they actually sell for your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back