Going to make all my staff grow beards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
If "God grew it" for 30-40 or more years, in fact it would be at or near the floor, BTW.

fact ?

you'd have split ends.... that's a fact at least
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Shannow

What makes you say that it would grow to the floor ?

Ignorance ?

Well, Shannow, DUH, no.

Its called a "figure of speech". If hes "keeping the beard because God grew it", then, why not apply that same belief to hair on the head?? If "God grew it" for 30-40 or more years, in fact it would be at or near the floor, BTW.

I have had my hair long for over 20 years and its not near the floor.

Wore long hair and a beard for decades, never cut the hair, some years I might trim the beard a bit - it just reached a certain length and stopped. Never had an employer mention hair or beard, and if they said something negative I'd have walked straight out the door. Just a goatee and buzz cut these days.

I shave once a week, or for special occasions.

But the day my employer suggested I'd shave more, I let my beard grow for 6 months before trimming.

Last edited:
I wear a beard, but I keep it trimmed very short, and I keep the edges shaped using my razor. I don't get the long, bushy, untrimmed beards...to me they just look sloppy...

Originally Posted By: Silk
Wore long hair and a beard for decades, never cut the hair, some years I might trim the beard a bit - it just reached a certain length and stopped. Never had an employer mention hair or beard, and if they said something negative I'd have walked straight out the door. Just a goatee and buzz cut these days.

That's what hair does, follows the life cycle of a follicle...grow, die, dormant, just reaches a length and stays, particularly on guys...never seen anyone go near the floor.

In my 20s, it would grow to mid back level (wet), now at 48, wont grow much past shoulder.

My wife is curious how long mine will grow, so this winter I have trimmed very little. I actually thought about not having the beard for the winter, but decided to keep it as I was involved first in a play and now another one where a beard makes sense.

Might go away for the summer though. Undecided. If it starts going gray it's gone though.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I wear a beard, but I keep it trimmed very short, and I keep the edges shaped using my razor. I don't get the long, bushy, untrimmed beards...to me they just look sloppy...

That's exactly what I do with mine.

I have one coworker, he is 5 ft. 3 in., and weighs 250. He has huge bushy goatee over a foot long. Another coworker is growing a beard, and says he wants to go "dynasty" with it, as in Duck.

Today I suggested to him the "GLITTER BEARD" I saw on a Houston TX news website. Seriously. Guys, don't miss out on the latest in beard accessories. You can apply adhesive and coat your beard with multi colored glitter. The glitter can range from a light "dusting" to make it glimmer, to a full coating that looks like a solid mass.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/42/37/57/9042890/4/package.jpg

Also, don't miss the Holiday season later this year. You can accessorize your beard with miniature Christmas ornaments, and even miniature lights. Complete the ornamental beard ensemble with festive green and red glitter to celebrate the season in style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back