New X Files..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda fun to watch if you watched all those years ago.

But... there is something wrong with Scully's voice. It sounds different and it is hard to understand what she is saying.

Am I the only one noticing this??

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Kinda fun to watch if you watched all those years ago.

But... there is something wrong with Scully's voice. It sounds different and it is hard to understand what she is saying.

Am I the only one noticing this??

Yeah, I noticed that also. Too much smoking maybe?

The very first episode of the new X-Files was disjointed and full of that muddled conspiracy stuff that kind of messed up the later seasons of the old show.
The second and third new episodes were pretty good. The interaction between Scully and Mulder was entertaining and the dry humor was pretty funny.

I think it's worth watching. I've heard it's on a six episode season though.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
The very first episode of the new X-Files was disjointed and full of that muddled conspiracy stuff that kind of messed up the later seasons of the old show.
The second and third new episodes were pretty good. The interaction between Scully and Mulder was entertaining and the dry humor was pretty funny.

I have enjoyed it as well but would agree. The first episode looked to be delving into some deep conspiracy that would consume the entire 6 episode series. Then the next two have completely deviated from that but were actually quite entertaining.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Originally Posted By: andrewg

I have enjoyed it as well but would agree. The first episode looked to be delving into some deep conspiracy that would consume the entire 6 episode series. Then the next two have completely deviated from that but were actually quite entertaining.

I agree completely. The first episode was kind of rough, but I really enjoyed the 3rd, especially some of the little throwbacks to the original series. For the most part, I'm a fan of the Monster of the Week style.

I loved the old show.
I do watch the new ones and it's OK but I thought since it is only a 6 show run that they would all be connected.
Maybe it will be tied together at the end,but I am just going with it.
I think Scully might have had lip injection and it affects the way she moves her mouth.
I thought it was just me that had trouble hearing her.

I think a complete reboot in a style similar to how Law and Order is made would work well. Every episode of that show stands on it's own. A few things carry over and there are two part episodes occasionally but for the most part a story is entirely contained in one episode.

I used to watch Law and Order SVU during USA network's almost all day every day marathon's when I worked night shift. A different Xfile every week seems to make sense to me and could also do very well in syndication if it made it that far.

The new 6 shows are worth watching if you were once an X-File fan.

The writing is just not as good, and the plots are not very coherent nor anywhere near as sophisticated either, it's almost like this new series is made as a mockery of the original series, which when it was on a very high quality show.

I can't understand a word Scully is saying either. What the heck is wrong with the director ? He ought to make her attend diction classes. No wonder she only gets paid half of what Duchovny does, she's unintelligible more than half the time. Plus she seems to be photographed from a lot of unflattering angles and is looking more masculine since she came out of the closet.

Last edited:
I only watched the first two episodes, rather disappointed that the character development has basically been zero, backwards in fact from the previous seasons and even the movies. Such a shame.

Let me say that I was never a big big fan of the original, though I acknowledge that it was well done. (I preferred the standalone, "weird pockets of the universe" stories to the long epic of the conspiracy stories.) The one thing I thought it lacked in those days -- though I may have missed some examples, as I didn't watch it every week -- was a sense of humor. (I do remember one fun story about the filming of an X Files movie based on Mulder and Scully's cases.) It seems that Chris Carter, or whoever is helming the new series, is allowing a little more humor and snappy dialogue, at least from Mulder.

The other thing that used to annoy me is that, after all their adventures, saving each other's lives, and having a child together, they were still calling each other "Mulder" and "Scully." Uh-uh. Can't see it. But in this most recent episode about the Trash Man, Dana actually calls him "Fox," and I think in this one or in last week's, he addresses her as "Dana." About time!

I don't find this series as good as the last.
I am a Gillian Anderson fan though, did you see her in 'The Fall'?

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

No, but I checked out the PBS production of Bleak House 10 years ago because of her. I got hooked by the epic story, and found it one of the best things TV has ever done. She was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back