Clutch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuel pressure might be fine at idle but you really need the fuel pressure when the engine is acting up, same for fuel trims etc, you need the values when the problem occurs.

The 4.3l engine in my truck also has a distributor mounted cam sensor but it is only used for misfire monitoring and does not affect the operation of the engine.

I hope a new Distributor Ignition Pickup resolves your issues.

Today I did a tune-up on my truck, it was almost time anyway. My old cap and rotor showed some wear but nothing abnormal. Same with my old plugs, they had a nice tan dusting and hardly any wear on the electrode ends. I did not replace my plug wires, my old ones are Autolite Professional wires and they are all still in very good shape.

I put in a new BWD distributor cap, I used the better quality P Series with brass contacts, and a BWD P Series rotor. The ignition pickup I put in is also a BWD. I put in a new set of Autolite 3923's gapped at .040". I took a 15 mile test drive and my truck ran great the whole time, not a miss or a skip or a hiccup of any kind. It has a nice smooth even idle, a little better than before and a little better throttle response. I am calling it done, I really do believe the ignition pickup sensor was the cause of the skip/misfire problem I had on Tuesday. The first time it acted up on Tuesday was right after I left work. I had only gone about half a mile and the engine had that miss or misfire problem about 4 or 5 times in less than 3 miles of driving. I had no problems at all today.

Now I just need to order my clutch hydraulics set, Rock Auto is the only place I can find it unless I want to pay $280.00 to the local Dodge Boys. It's $122.00 from Rock and comes already bled and is a sealed unit so it should not be much trouble to put on. Until then I will have to watch the brake fluid level in the reservoir and keep it topped off.

Thanks for everyone's help here.

Glad to hear that the engine miss issue has been resolved.

Aftermarket parts are of such poor quality that I would have used Mopar parts, not BWD. This is especially true for engine sensors. I only use GM or Delco engine sensors on my truck. Aftermarket part are fine on brakes, suspension etc but not engine sensors. I used a Sachs clutch master cylinder on my truck without any qualms.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Now I just need to order my clutch hydraulics set, Rock Auto is the only place I can find it unless I want to pay $280.00 to the local Dodge Boys. It's $122.00 from Rock and comes already bled and is a sealed unit so it should not be much trouble to put on. Until then I will have to watch the brake fluid level in the reservoir and keep it topped off.

Edit...I just now ordered the clutch hydraulic assembly from Rock Auto, their price was $103.79 with $9.64 standard ground shipping. Their 5% discount code brought my total cost to $108.24. Autozone was the only local parts store that even listed the assembly, their price was $122.00 but it was a special order. When I called the store the guy said it was out of stock, not available right now, it could be a week or a month before they could get one for me. I have never had any trouble like that with Rock Auto.

Weird! Rockauto now lists a AMS Automotive clutch hydraulic system as the only one for your 2001 Dakota V6 for $148.61. They must have sold you the last of the particular brand you got and they now have a different unit.

They probably don't have the new unit in stock but, since they will get the manufacturer to drop ship, can list the item in their catalogue right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back