What's a good price for a 2013 4Runner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter is looking at a 2013 4Runner Limited with 36,000 miles. One owner, excellent condition, 20in tires, ...

The Toyota mechanic who serviced this one said it has been perfect. They use Castrol Edge 0W-20.

She told me the asking price and I about fainted. Are these things really "this" expensive? For real....

What is a fair price for one of these?

Check blue book but i think the highlander also commands a high price. Why is she looking at a 4runner? I think the highlander is a better choice..likely less..how much is she asking? Its very low mileage and its their top trim level...

They're probably asking $30,000 for it.

It makes more sense to buy a 2016 brand new one with a full warranty for $32k.

Used car prices are ridiculous.

Dealers (in Utah) usually ask full book for these vehicles....and get it.

Last edited:
Pretty much any 4Runner or Tacoma is going to hold really good resale value. Legendary reliability.

We have been in the same situation, shopping for a used 4Runner. Based on the used prices, we have decided to purchase a 2016 SR5 Premium for $35K. Makes more sense due to the high resale value.

I leased a 2008 4 Runner and bought it out at the end of the lease. I traded it the following year for $8,000.00 more than the buyout price was. Used 4 Runners are always in big demand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

A new 4 Runner Limited is going to sticker at $45-46K....so I doubt you'll find one for $32k

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Pretty much any 4Runner or Tacoma is going to hold really good resale value. Legendary reliability.

+1

Originally Posted By: Doog

A new 4 Runner Limited is going to sticker at $45-46K....so I doubt you'll find one for $32k
The SR5 models are going for $32k-34k all day long here

LINK

Originally Posted By: Georgiey22
This is a REALLY good price. May need to drive to Arizona to purchase ours next week. Now I just need to find it in gray.

Here's one in gray for $34k

LINK

LINK

She was looking at a Limited, which is top of the line and easily $10K more than the SR5.

"Daughter is looking at a 2013 4Runner Limited with 36,000 miles. One owner, excellent condition, 20in tires, ..."

Last edited:
Prices on 2 - 3 year old Toyota trucks, Tacomas, Tundras, and yeah, 4Runners are insanely close to the price of a new one. Check KBB, Edmunds, etc...and she may decide a new SR5 makes more sense (and is cheaper) than the very clean, used Limited...

I've been truck shopping lately, and decided that, for Toyotas at least, I'm better off going new. I've bought a new car once in my life...but I'm reconsidered one in light of the price of slightly used Toyotas...

They are asking $37K and have dropped to $33K. I suggested a new one but they are around $45. Thanks for the tip on getting a new SR5. The sales person let them take it home this weekend. LOL...excellent job, I might add, on their part.

She's wanting "Dad's" approval. Had her budget and everything. My future dilemma is how do will I allow her to use 0w-20, WS, and the "pink" antifreeze in it.

Thanks for all your input. I think I'll be really happy riding my 2002!

I was also browsing late model 4-runners and noticed the new ones don't cost much more than 3-4 year old ones.

What is the difference between the models nav and some cheap fake leather?

Those are 2wd trucks in the link which are un sell able up here, everything is 4wd and probably north of $40k new. Also dealers up here have full MSRP no haggle pricing on Toyota's because of the strong demand.

For that kind of coin the first owner got a great deal, I'd buy a new one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
What is the difference between the models nav and some cheap fake leather?

Those are 2wd trucks in the link which are un sell able up here, everything is 4wd and probably north of $40k new. Also dealers up here have full MSRP no haggle pricing on Toyota's because of the strong demand.

For that kind of coin the first owner got a great deal, I'd buy a new one.

Sorry, forgot to click the 4x4 box on the first search.

They're the same price here. $34k

LINK

Originally Posted By: Astro14

LINK

She was looking at a Limited, which is top of the line and easily $10K more than the SR5.

"Daughter is looking at a 2013 4Runner Limited with 36,000 miles. One owner, excellent condition, 20in tires, ..."
What's so great about the "Limited"? People actually will spend $10k+ more for a built in GPS and a little fancier wheel? What a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back