2002 GMC Yukon Climate Control Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
2002 GMC Yukon 4x4, 5.3L Flex.

2 months ago the blower motor stayed on after the key was shut off. I disconnected the battery for the night. When I reconnected the battery, everything worked fine.

2 months later, I'm having the same problem. Disconnecting the battery made everything work again, but a few hours later the problem came back.

The blower motor stays on high all the time (even with the key off) and no climate control adjustments respond.

Anybody know how to troubleshoot if the problem is the Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module or the Heating and Air Conditioning Control Panel? Or something else....

Thanks!

Did you wait to see if the blower turned off after a few minutes? Afterblow might be on, it's a feature that runs the blower after turning the car off to dry the evaporator if the A/C or defrost has been on.

I had this happen to a Cadillac and it was the alternator..The alternator showed good and charged the battery but there was a diode in the alternator that was bad according to the starter rebuilder.Let me know what you find.

Bad climate control head unit. I remember I have seen this on 1998 onwards suburban. The same head unit. But could be sticking blower relay too.

Last edited:
Well I managed to find a few other people who had the same symptoms in having and the control panel/head was the problem. There are only remanufactured panels in town, so I ordered a new Acdelco from Amazon and saved $100 bucks over the price of the reman!

I'll update when I get her installed.

After having the battery disconnected last night, today everything worked perfectly normal. Hope it doesn't act up again before the part gets in.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back