Best oil filter for Toyota 1GR-FE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota , WIX or Fram.

As Garak said, the best is subjective. I just dont get tied up in the efficiency debate (note I suggested Toyota filters) as well as the leaf vs. coil debate.

Originally Posted By: Oey12
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/toyota-oil-filter-made-in-thailand-vs-the-competition.123608/

Here check it out for yourself...

The main problem with that compare is he is comparing the wrong filters and talking about media. The D1 is the size of the 3614. The D3 he shows compares to the 3600. The Toyota D1 still has a lot of media, about twice the Ultra 3614 has in the same size. But the Ultra media has a known efficiency rating and expensive to make parts. I just ordered some Toyota filters, going back to them after others are used. They were less than $4 each shipped from a Lexus dealer. $11 for three. I figure if they put them on 70k Lexus's, they can go on my 2007 Toyota Prius and 2002 Camry of my daughter. I feel they are a safe bet, and I don't need to worry about tearing, or bypass setting, or whatever.

That is a cool Web page Oey12. Thanks. I think I am going to switch from using the m1 filter and start using napa gold in my truck. Since it's the same thing with bigger holes. Plus it's cheaper.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I just dont get tied up in the efficiency debate (note I suggested Toyota filters) as well as the leaf vs. coil debate.

Me, neither, really. What I tend to settle for is some reasonable efficiency, at least in comparison to cost, some decent price and decent availability, along with some good construction quality. That usually leads me to a Wix or a Hastings, and a lot of Motorcrafts and AC Delcos over the years, too. However, I'm not impressed with the Purolator issues, and ecores don't do a lot for me either. Fortunately, the AC Delco for the G37 isn't an ecore. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back