The connection was reset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
This is the page that keeps coming up.

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

---------------------------------------------

Only on a few gun forums today does this occur. These are the same gun forums I visit every day. I cleared all my caches and cookies. I tried turning my Firewall off. Was hoping someone here could help resolve this. Firefox 44 is the browser.

Last edited:
I've been having problems with Firefox also. I get "Unresponsive Script" messages frequently. I'm thinking of trying a new browser.

I found the culprits...... Avira Pro antivirus (subscription) and Windows Defender were both showing "Active". It was my fault that it got this way.

Because my Avira Pro Antivirus takes an entire day to run a scan, I've been disabling it once in a while and activating Windows Defender to run it's system scan.

Normally when one antivirus program is on, the other is always off. Today they both were on and that created some website connection problems online.

All is well right now and thanks to everyone for responding with help. I love this website for that.

I really like it too Memphis. Been using it for at least 10 years now.

Looks like I should find a third party for my antivirus system scans. I don't want to see Avira Pro and Windows Defender in-conflict again. Been using Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware programs for malware scans. They work fine. Just need something different for weekly antivirus scans now.

If I run Avira Pro scan, it literally takes about four hours, just to reach 9% Finished. I'm talking either setting, full or quick scan. Only glitch I see with my Avira Pro. Other-than-that, I think it's great. I paid $40 for a three year subscription and now into my 2nd year.

For 4-5 years prior, I always stuck with ESET. But not anymore. Something changed at ESET a couple years ago and it's not as user-friendly or as resource-friendly anymore. Avira Pro is very friendly and goes about it's business unnoticed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I've been having problems with Firefox also. I get "Unresponsive Script" messages frequently. I'm thinking of trying a new browser.

Looks like raising the Run Script Time in Firefox helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back