New, UNUSED PSL-10241 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, courtesy of K Mart having stuff on clearance I grabbed this filter and one like it for $2. Decided to see how it looked. Made on May 20, 2015, Line "B" and 1st shift in Fayetteville NC. Yes, that is rust on the inside of the can btw

5yerk5.jpg

2vbadcz.jpg

30ix9mu.jpg

xmrj1s.jpg

295su43.jpg

no8pcg.jpg

2u7ls7s.jpg

2v2jord.jpg

fky3jt.jpg

sls2gj.jpg

Merkava_4: yes and I got it at Harbor Freight. I believe they don't sell it anymore. I am getting a Longacre cutter soon

My only real beef with these is the price, they are more than Ultra's but IMO not as good. For 2 bucks I'd have bought all they had and happily used them all.

Wait a minute... I'm still mad at Purolator.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
My only real beef with these is the price, they are more than Ultra's but IMO not as good. For 2 bucks I'd have bought all they had and happily used them all.

mad.gif

And it's another filter with unknown efficiency so we can't make informed purchases. I've seen rust in other filters too.

They had this one and another one that the center tube looked like what wix uses. Date code on that one is:F01F13B2 or January 13th, 2014 and Line "B" and 2nd shift in Fayetteville NC

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: KCJeep

mad.gif

And it's another filter with unknown efficiency so we can't make informed purchases. I've seen rust in other filters too.

Purolator said their old PSL full synthetic (like the one shown here) was 99% @ 25 microns on their website. Apparently, the new Boss is 99% @ 32 microns like you've said already from the Batcave testing.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Purolator said their old PSL full synthetic (like the one shown here) was 99% @ 25 microns on their website. Apparently, the new Boss is 99% @ 32 microns like you've said already from the Batcave testing.

That is disappointing. I was excited to pick up an oil change special with the new Puro Boss. Maybe there is a reason why I felt it was on the cheaper side...

Originally Posted By: SkyXSteel

That is disappointing. I was excited to pick up an oil change special with the new Puro Boss. Maybe there is a reason why I felt it was on the cheaper side...

That is extremely unreliable info. Sorta like reading the tabloids at the grocery check out isle.
Either Memphis 901 just made the whole story up or a competitor who has access to the very expensive equipment it takes to test filter really did tell him that. Haha and there's no reason to believe that A fram / champion labs representative docent have a vested intrest in marketing his companies products and trying to smear others?Oh wait, that's actually jay or motor kings job, isn't it lol.
I'm sorry but too many of y'all need to pull your heads out and realize what your being fed.

MS - LoL, Better snatch up some of that tin foil before it sells out.

I'm actually surprised the Boss was reported to be as good as 99% @ 32 microns.

The media on these always seems to be sloppily folded over the wire mesh. Sloppy might not be the right word, but it does seem rounded over the corners as opposed to folded over.

I realize it is just my OCD, but i prefer to see clean folds like what is found in the Fram Ultra, WIX XP, RP etc. This would make a tightly put together filter that'd keep the media in place.

I wouldnt feel bad about not running it. The ADBV might have ripped on you.
21.gif

I've run a few of these, although I haven't cut any of them open afterwards. They definitely flow a bit better than the yellow can pureones (oil pressure is a couple PSI higher post-filter when the pump is hitting against the relief valve). And they're grippy
cool.gif

Now, what we really need is a company to make a filter that's built as beefy as the new Boss seems to be, filters like an Ultra (or better) and has the old Puro grippy coating (but without overspray problems). How about the new Fram Boss Synthetic?

Originally Posted By: car51
Manifsteel: I cut the filter open to see what it looked like, sorry if I disappointed yiu

Yeah, I underhand. It's your hobby and you got it for a couple bucks so no biggie.

MS - LoL, Better snatch up some of that tin foil before it sells out.

I'm actually surprised the Boss was reported to be as good as 99% @ 32 microns.

I'll let you get it all. I know you need it to smoke all that meth your on.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back