I guess I'm "normal" now - got a cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the one month anniversary and I got the bill: $12.19!

No issues other than I have received spam calls and texts. I downloaded an app, Calls Blacklist, that has taken care of them and is easy to use. I added the Sandisk card and Otterbox case as mentioned in the first post. No issues with those, either, but the case does make the phone a bit bulky. It is easier to hold, though.

I signed up for Republic Wireless several months ago ($10.00 a month plan). Took a long trip across the country and had no issues.

Recently bought a new in box LG Tribute 2 on sale for $35.00 and went to the RingPlus web site and signed up for one of their free plans. I entered the information from the box regarding the phone before I opened it. After signing up, opened the box, installed the battery, and turned on the phone. It did a hands free activation and works great so between my wife and I our simple cell phones are met.

Both use the Sprint network which works well in the area we live in + we both are on Wi-Fi much of the time.

Justin,

Great to hear your wife has a Cricket phone. AMAZING isnt it? Unlimited, text, talk, data. Total cost including all fees, taxes, never a surcharge for anything, total monthly payment $35.

Its an amazing deal to my family and I and I have been pushing Cricket on forums since we switched a while ago. We have 3 lines on our plan, total cost all taxes fees, $90. per month, we could add a 4th line for $10 but have no use for it, if we added the 4th line the 5th line is free *LOL*
Best of all, its ALL AT&T and its unlimited EVERYTHING and ALL their prices include ALL taxes and fees. NO other company does that.

Last edited:
Unlimited data all at the same speed?

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Justin,

Great to hear your wife has a Cricket phone. AMAZING isnt it? Unlimited, text, talk, data. Total cost including all fees, taxes, never a surcharge for anything, total monthly payment $35.

Its an amazing deal to my family and I and I have been pushing Cricket on forums since we switched a while ago. We have 3 lines on our plan, total cost all taxes fees, $90. per month, we could add a 4th line for $10 but have no use for it, if we added the 4th line the 5th line is free *LOL*
Best of all, its ALL AT&T and its unlimited EVERYTHING and ALL their prices include ALL taxes and fees. NO other company does that.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Unlimited data all at the same speed?

When your data use exceeds the respective high-speed access allowance, data download speeds will be reduced to a maximum 128Kbps for the remainder of the monthly billing cycle.

The $35.00 a month plan gives you 2.5 GB high speed data before they throttle it back to 128kbps.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Justin,

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
When your data use exceeds the respective high-speed access allowance, data download speeds will be reduced to a maximum 128Kbps for the remainder of the monthly billing cycle.

The $35.00 a month plan gives you 2.5 GB high speed data before they throttle it back to 128kbps.

OK, got it. I'm paying $220/mo. for four phones on an unlimited (unthrottled) data plan, I was going to be all over that other one.

Don't have one and don't want one, wife has hers as well as my 2 daughters, cracks me up at work to see all these FOOLS hunched over their phones during our breaks and lunch
crackmeup2.gif

OP, being single is the best reason to have a cell phone now.
There are literally apps for that
wink.gif

But, anyways, welcome to the 2000's!
welcome2.gif

Good choice on the Moto G. We use 2nd gen Gs. Waiting for the price to drop on the 3rd gen before updating. Mainly, the camera upgrade would be nice, but will holdout for a price under $100.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Don't have one and don't want one, wife has hers as well as my 2 daughters, cracks me up at work to see all these FOOLS hunched over their phones during our breaks and lunch
crackmeup2.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: Malo83
crackmeup2.gif

Yeah. Idiots staring at screens. Reading oil forums, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back