cold tick 2010 ford fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I have a 2010 Fusion with the 2.5 engine, with 210,000 miles. The engine is definitely a bit noisy at times, and there is an odd kind of 'tick' sound, but I think it's most likely the fuel injectors.

My 2003 sable with the duratec 3.0 sounded similar.

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be detrimental to the engine. My last UOA with over 7,500 miles on the oil, showed extremely low wear metals.

Fuel injectors make a clicking noise, and can be heard, especially with the hood up.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: Branson304
It's no big deal, don't worry. These Duratec engines are NOISY as far as "ticking" noises go. Doesn't matter if it's 4 cylinders or 6, they all seem to be noisy. Especially in the cold. There's nothing wrong.

Agreed. The same motor in our Fusion has never been quiet. It's amazing the sound difference between my Sedona and Fusion... the Sedona is barely audible once it warms up. The Fusion is noisy at any temperature. Both have been dead reliable and burn no oil, so I don't worry about it. I used to have a Focus with the very closely related 2.0L Duratec and it, too, was noisy.

"tight clearances", eh?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back