NAPA radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... whats the best option for replacement radiators these days? Specifically, I'm thinking about my 1996 Mustang but I ask in general.

If you could find a Visteon or OE Honeywell/Carlisle that would probably be the top grade of OE style replacement for a '96 Mustang. You might find a Koyorad or something for it online, but those aren't always perfect either, so you need to take into consideration the ease of handling warranty/damage issues with the vendor and manufacturer. That's especially important with radiators, which are frequently damaged in shipment.

Spectra is probably your best right now option for a '96 Mustang though. If swapping it out isn't too difficult, that's what I would go with. I have no problem buying Spectras for my trucks because it's an easy swap, and so far they have worked well in my applications. I could probably dig around and find something better online, but if it shows up damaged or has a defect, I'll be jumping through that many more hoops to get it corrected. If one of the Napa Spectras in my trucks fails today, the truck will be back on the road in a matter of hours at the most. Possibly less than an hour if Napa is open and I can get there quickly.

That said, in an application where changing out the radiator is an all day affair, or parts stores are less likely to have it on the shelf, it would probably be worthwhile to seek out the closest to OE quality replacement as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back