Fuel additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't top up wait til you're low then fill up with Shell nitro. Then don't fill up again til it's low again so you don't dilute it. It's a lot more expensive but about the same cost as a can of cleaner and worth it. I saw the results when we were at the shell technology center.

Also it wouldn't hurt to ask some Gumout all in one or Regane high mileage at the same time. Other good cleaners are crc guaranteed to pass, royal purple, Redline, 3m tuneup, or Techron.

Originally Posted By: WillB
Thanks. No E85 locally and not driving to find it. Ill top up at Shell tomorrow.

I think there are only four E85 stations in all of Canada, so, yes, I'd recommend not driving to find it.
wink.gif

Gumout Regane and Techron are two that you can find at WalMart that contain PEA, which has the reputation of being an effective cleaner.
I hear good things about Seafoam, but I have no idea what is in it.

Last edited:
In Canada, Regane is relatively easy to find. Some Walmarts, but not all carry it. Techron is a bit trickier. In this province, we have no Chevrons, and while we do have Chevron lubricant presence, I've never seen a bottle of Techron in the wild here. Out east, where Chevron gas stations do exist, he might get luckier than us out here.

Originally Posted By: Garak
In Canada, Regane is relatively easy to find. Some Walmarts, but not all carry it. Techron is a bit trickier. In this province, we have no Chevrons, and while we do have Chevron lubricant presence, I've never seen a bottle of Techron in the wild here. Out east, where Chevron gas stations do exist, he might get luckier than us out here.

Interesting...don't see many Chevron/Texaco stations in New England (if any), but it's easy to find Techron. I am fine with Regane and have used it, just seems like Techron is put on sale more around here.

I still use Seafoam from time to time but more for engine and transmission flushes.

The main fuel additive we now use since mid 2014 is Archoil AR6200 and their AR9100 for the crank case since both are good for diesel and gas engines.

After about 6-8K miles the 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L mostly stopped using oil. It was using a quart every 500 mile when we got it last July. Not sure why it stopped using oil however. The starter will turn over the old Ford 1989 Ford Lima 429 faster per my ears.

As with most additives the results are often subjective in nature. Getting ready to put 2000 miles on the used Ford we picked up three weeks ago doing a trip to MN starting tomorrow using both Archoil additives.

http://www.archoil.com/

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Interesting...don't see many Chevron/Texaco stations in New England (if any), but it's easy to find Techron. I am fine with Regane and have used it, just seems like Techron is put on sale more around here.

I know, it's strange. I think I saw Techron in Alberta once, but I cannot remember where for the life of me. I know it wasn't a Chevron, since there are none in western Canada. You'd think that someone would market the product here. Husky/Mohawk distribute Chevron lubricants on the prairies. You'd think they could get some Techron. Maybe they can, but only in bulk. I'll have to ask.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
I put my vote in for the Gumout Regane, Techron, or even the Amsoil P.I. stuff. All are PEA based and the best way to go.

Canadian Tire carries Gumout Regane, will grab a bottle for next fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back