Stainless steel drink tumblers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

These things seem to be the new fad these days. I admit that I caved in and bought one and so far I'm impressed on how long it holds ice. I bought a 20 oz Eskimo brand off of Amazon because it looked just like the Yeti but was cheaper.

I filled it with ice and tea last night at 6:00 pm and it's 2:00 pm today and it still has ice in it and I have refilled the cup three times since last night.

So, how many of you have bought one of these and what is your favorite brand?

Wayne

I have a small Bubba Keg (sp?) that I've had about 4 years. It does its job although I am not sure it can hold ice as long as yours did. I usually just use it for coffee and water from an office cooler or drinking fountain. I try to drink a pint every 1-1.5 hr while I am at work.

The girlfriend bought me a Tervis that does a decent job too.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The latest are glass. SS is old hat.
Unless of course you are not worried about it dropping and breaking. I have a 30oz SS Yeti that was given to me as a gift and it will keep ice for at least a full day. I am quite pleased with it.

Well, I'm a little over 24 hrs and it still has ice in it and I also refilled it again. I'm happy with it.

Wayne

The Bubba mug I bought in the automotive Aisle at Walmart is one of the best I've had. I bought one of those Contigo from Amazon, because I wanted 20 ounces, wouldn't keep coffee hot for an hour.

I'm beginning to see more & more of the Yeti's for sale. One Q though: How long would ice last in either Yeti or Eskimo when it's sitting in the Sun, in July, in Texas Heat? The solar heat index can easily reach 125°F. Even shiny metal gets hot in the Sun.

So I use an insulated bottle that holds one liter. Looks like a rectangular Thermos, but is unbreakable. Keeps drinks ice cold for hours, even when left in a car, in July, in Tx. Heat.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Donald
The latest are glass. SS is old hat.
Unless of course you are not worried about it dropping and breaking. I have a 30oz SS Yeti that was given to me as a gift and it will keep ice for at least a full day. I am quite pleased with it.

I bring a beverage into work every day in glass. No issues (knock on wood). Its just a tall, widemouth mason jar so if I were to drop it, no big loss. And Cheap.

But highly insulating it is not.

Originally Posted By: wtd
Well, I'm a little over 24 hrs and it still has ice in it and I also refilled it again. I'm happy with it.

Wayne

Thats impressive , i've never owned a high quality insulated beverage cup, but i may have to try one.

Thermos G3 Series.

I used one daily for ten years; keeps coffee hot for eight hours, warm for the next four, and that's outdoor use in temperatures down to below freezing. Don't use it for cold drinks, but thermodynamics don't change so I would expect great performance.

I still have mine, but am retired now so only use it on car trips of more than a half hour or so, on fishing trips, or when snowmobiling or ice fishing.

Spill-proof lid, twist to close/open, with a full-circumphrence sipping area, so you don't burn your lips on one little hole.

Somewhat rare, not sold by regular Thermos dealers. Try a specialty sports store that caters to campers, or maybe Mountain Equipment Coop.

thermos_element_5_reg_leak_66197big.gif

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Am I missing something. The Yeti 20 oz says $29 while the Eskimo 20Z shows $39. How is the Eskimo cheaper?

I bought mine on Amazon because I had a gift card from Christmas. On Amazon, the Yeti's are around $60 now because I guess they became so popular around Christmas that everywhere sold out. Every place around here that sold the Yeti Tumblers is out of stock. The Eskimo was $39 on Amazon.

I don't know if you can even purchase the Yeti from their site because I'm sure they are out there as well.

Well at 27 hrs there was a small amount of ice left. I dumped it and washed the tumbler out. I'm sure the rest of the ice would have lasted at least another hour or so.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: earlyre
I have a couple 24 oz Bubba's that do a fair job. don't know about 24hrs for ice, but 12-18 definitely.

https://meh.com/deals/2-for-tuesday--bubba-24-oz-vacuum-insulated-thermal-bottles

also the 2 for $12 price i paid for them back in July didn't hurt either. dedicated one for coffee, and one for water.

I also have a 16 oz vacuum insulated Bubba Keg that does very well too. I filled it full of ice and water yesterday morning around 8:00 am at work and drank from it all day at work. I filled it up with water several times during the day and refilled it with ice when the ice was half melted. There was still some ice left in it today in the early afternoon but it was melted when I checked later on. I think I paid $12 for this one at Walmart.

Wayne

I just bought a Zojirushi SM-SA60_BA stainless steel mug. I poured hot coffee into it an hour and a half ago, and I am still carefully sipping hot coffee out of it. I'm loving the Zojirushi mug. I ordered it online from Target. They said it would take ten days to deliver with free shipping, I got it in three days. Great service, great product.

The mug it replaces was a stainless steel exterior with a plastic interior, and would only keep the coffee hot for about fifteen minutes. At about a half hour the coffee would be warm, cool enough actually that I could easily guzzle it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back