2016 Impala

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM's MSRP's are artificially inflated IHMO to match competitors. Perception is if its cheaper then it must be a cheap car which was GM's way of selling sub par vehicles before. I feel they are inflated because GM is offering incentives all over the place at least in my locale on 2016's! They are competitive vehicles now for sure.

The downside of GM is cruddy resale except for truck/SUV end. However perception which resale is based on is slow to change.

Off the bat locally they offer $2000 cash back which means Impala is overpriced in my locale. The reality is GM is not a great seller around here except trucks and large SUV.

I like the looks of the car. I didn't think GM was capable of producing such an attractive vehicle.

I'd be concerned with resale value and reliability 5 to 10 years down the road.
I'd also check the percentage of vehicles sold to retail customers vs fleet sales.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: marine65
Originally Posted By: surfstar
An extra 10k spent on impulse, er impala!
Wow, our economy is alive and well. I've yet to break 10k spent on a vehicle
laugh.gif

He owns a restaurant and my daughter is in management for King Soopers(Kroger)so they can afford it.
The price and payments made me feel better when I got in my paid for 06 Sentra to drive home.

Quality costs money. GM has greatly increase the quality of their cars.

That sort of attitude is why GM has been so slow to understand how to build a quality car.

Originally Posted By: Joe1
I like the looks of the car. I didn't think GM was capable of producing such an attractive vehicle.

I'd also check the percentage of vehicles sold to retail customers vs fleet sales.

they do not think that way. They saw a car they liked and bought it. Case closed.
Sometimes you can drive yourself nuts analyzing things. then after all the research you finally buy it and then second guess your decision.Too much brain damage.
It's a car that's all.

REALLY? I don't think alot of people think about next week.....more/less resale value 10 years down the road. YEA....I know BITOG people are different. But not the average family out there.

Their plan was to buy a Malibu.While looking at the Malibu's he spotted a 2016 Impala LT2 midnight black edition and fell in love. About $10K more in love.
So they bought it.
I have never been in love with exterior styling.It's OK but just a little too GM conservative.
But what a fine job they did on the interior. Just great.
The car rode as smooth as silk and was very quiet.And the 305 HP moved this large car real quick.
For an MSRP of $37K it should.

Latest 2016 Malibu borrows from the Impala styling:
2016-chevrolet-malibu-20t-inline1-photo-664476-s-original.jpg

Originally Posted By: CKN

REALLY? I don't think alot of people think about next week.....more/less resale value 10 years down the road. YEA....I know BITOG people are different. But not the average family out there.

You got that right. FWIW I really like that new Impala. I'm a cheapskate and bought the Cruze, but the interiors and general design have come a long way in the past 10 or so years. I'm a huge GM fan, though.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: CKN

You got that right. FWIW I really like that new Impala. I'm a cheapskate and bought the Cruze, but the interiors and general design have come a long way in the past 10 or so years. I'm a huge GM fan, though.

Agreed. I used to cringe when I got GM rental. Now they are pretty nice cars since 2010.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Why it took GM so long to design the interior as good as other cars in its class ?

They had some great ones over the years along with some duds. Pretty much everything GM has on the showroom floor is class leading now.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Why it took GM so long to design the interior as good as other cars in its class ?
They had some great ones over the years along with some duds. Pretty much everything GM has on the showroom floor is class leading now.

The truth. I like how GM recovered from the gov-bailout time 6 years ago. They rock, mostly.

Originally Posted By: dareo
That is Silverado money...

That's what I paid for the wifes 2015 GMC Terrain DENALI 3.6 out the door.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: surfstar
An extra 10k spent on impulse, er impala!
Wow, our economy is alive and well. I've yet to break 10k spent on a vehicle
laugh.gif

He owns a restaurant and my daughter is in management for King Soopers(Kroger)so they can afford it.
The price and payments made me feel better when I got in my paid for 06 Sentra to drive home.

Quality costs money. GM has greatly increase the quality of their cars.

how I see it as well.

I'd have no reservations with getting a CPO Impala from the latest generation (test drove a discounted 2014 two weeks ago). My only hang-up is that I can't quite fit into my underground parking, so I'm stuck with vehicles comparable in size to my Focus
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back