FILTERS, FILTERS, FILTERS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
BlueOvalFilter: how is the lady's Malibu doing? I think you mentioned it needed a cooling flush correct.

car51, I had mentioned to you in a previous post that she needed a new radiator.
smile.gif

We flushed the system for almost 2 days before the water finally started coming out clean! The radiator had a few holes in it and was partially clogged. After a new radiator, distilled water, and WMST coolant, all was well! I was afraid that her heater core was going to spring a leak at any time, but, it has held up.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Hi, everyone! Although I am a newbie here...I have been reading Ur wonderful and informative posts for years...on the sidelines so to speak. I'm an oil & filter nut and LUV trying different ones so I have plenty of good filters on hand that I would like to donate to the vets. R U interested? I am a Viet Nam Era vet myself 1970-'76 USAF.

Originally Posted By: PJS2
Hi, everyone! Although I am a newbie here...I have been reading Ur wonderful and informative posts for years...on the sidelines so to speak. I'm an oil & filter nut and LUV trying different ones so I have plenty of good filters on hand that I would like to donate to the vets. R U interested? I am a Viet Nam Era vet myself 1970-'76 USAF.

welcome2.gif
and thank you for your service

Here's a link where you can post and ask for a military avatar for your profile:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4005656/13

Just a bit more about me and what I drive. I am a poor boy on a fixed income. Retired due to serious arm injury @ work. I've been a backyard mechanic with plenty of DIY oil changes not only on my own cars but for family members and friends also...no less than 7 cars in the driveway years ago when our big family was still living together. I've also been a shop manager and parts clerk. Besides all that...I am an OLDIES DJ!

Fast forward to the present. Just over two years ago I purchased a white 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible w/black top...JXi 2.5L 6-cyl...all for the sum of $700...from my neighbor. Put a little TLC maintenance into it but it runs gr8 w/just hitting the 146k mark today. Has the infamous smoke prob but is getting better as I use HM oil. Still...it's on and off for only a few minutes during warmup and probably due to my stop n go / no highway driving...the worst thing for a car. Use Shell Super and it runs pretty smooth and idles nicely @ 750-800 rpm.

Recent oil changes were PHM & PO-19 filter but am quite aware of the benefits of more elaborate filters like Hastings LF-107, NAPA Gold, RP 20-253 & KN PS-2004 which are on order as we speak. I also like Valvoline/NAPA oil with that super clear appearance and may try some max-life 10w-30 with that K&N super black can to see how smoo-oooth I can get it. Yeah...I'm a nut as I have about no less than 60 oil filters in my possession
. Hey...I'm possessed! LOL. I change my oil & filter at least 3 times a year and don't buy into the one-year 12,000 mile philosophy. I guess I am old school. Thanx 4 the WARM welcome. LOVE this stuff!

Blueovalfilter....I have another box all packed up and ready to be dropped off at the UPS store in the next day or so....contains bunch of fram ph6607's (short version of a ph7317) will fit most all of the imports with a 20x1.5 thread......and a bunch of ph3614's (short version of the longer ph3600...3/4×16 thread...fits lots of american stuff....The majority are orange cans and some other chinese equivalents but all will work fine...dont worry about the fram haters..:):)...Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: DSparks
Blueovalfilter....I have another box all packed up and ready to be dropped off at the UPS store in the next day or so....contains bunch of fram ph6607's (short version of a ph7317) will fit most all of the imports with a 20x1.5 thread......and a bunch of ph3614's (short version of the longer ph3600...3/4×16 thread...fits lots of american stuff....The majority are orange cans and some other chinese equivalents but all will work fine...dont worry about the fram haters..:):)...Enjoy.

WOW! Thanks DSparks, the 3614's are our most popular filter. We are down to (2) left.
My cousin's wife came across a yard sale yesterday. They had a case (12 qts.) of ACCEL 5W30 oil for $3. Of course she bought it. The API star burst read SL. Opinions?
DSparks, I look forward to receiving the oil filters! Thanks and may God Bless you and your family!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Oh just you wait, we'll get you doing some extended oil changes lol.

cool.gif
Look...I love doing these DIY O/Cs for myself and neighbors as this stuff keeps me young! OK...NOT possible because although I am 19 upstairs...my legs and knees have a different idea how old I actually am.

There's just something about a good oil & filter change on a sunny 75* day that makes an old-timer like me just come alive. It's just a gr8 sense of accomplishment afterward despite the aches and pains that follow. LUV it when that engine breathes right!

Thanks, Nick 4 responding. U R da best!
grin.gif

BlueOvalFitter...Hi, sir! If you ever need filters I would be more than happy to share some of my personal stock. Just say the word and give me an address and they are yours. Here is what I have plenty of....
Pennzoil PZ-1
Performax PO-19, PO-21,PO-37
Toyota 04152-YZZA1

Just say the word.

Originally Posted By: PJS2
BlueOvalFitter...Hi, sir! If you ever need filters I would be more than happy to share some of my personal stock. Just say the word and give me an address and they are yours. Here is what I have plenty of....
Pennzoil PZ-1
Performax PO-19, PO-21,PO-37
Toyota 04152-YZZA1

Just say the word.

PJS2, that is very kind of you. I will keep that in mind. God Bless you sir, and your family as well.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back