06 Escalade TC fluid change question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to change the TC fluid in my GF's 06 Escalade. She's owned it since new. Currently has 125k. Dealer service but she does not remember fluid ever being changed. The manual calls for Dex III-H. Any issue with me using MaxLife high mileage dex/merc ATF instead?

If it is not full time awd, wouldn't even think about type of atf. I have the maxlife dex/merc in mine, ran dex6 and +3 before, all the same.

Thanks barkingspider. I just got a reply from Valvoline off their website and they confirmed its use also. Going in tonight. It's a two bolt drain and fill using a 3/8 extension with nothing on it?

Started experiencing a thumping feeling under the seat on sharp turns today. And some vibration in the gas pedal accelerating onto the highway. Never had that before so somethings up. Wondering if I need to open the TC fill bolt hot and let some fluid out?

TC has a drain and fill plug, that's it. Very important to get the fluid at the correct level. Don't if the thumping or vibrations are due to the TC. Maybe something else. Keep us updated

Ok. Going to check the level when I get home tonight. Is the fill bolt hole set at "full cold" ? I pumped until it started overflowing, waited a second, tighten it up. Was cold at the time

Well... by the end of the week the vibration and thumping/shudder accelerating while cornering had stopped. But I was still paranoid so I switched back to Dex III. The interesting thing is that switch started out strange also. Lots of clunking in and out of gear. That also subsided by the end of the week.

So in summary... 2 different ATF types, 2 different characteristics.. both seemed to subside over time... as if the TC/transmission/ECU adjusted... I really don't know for sure..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back