2010 Nissan Titan runs rough intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Titan has been running rough intermittently for past few months. I get a rough idle while in drive and my foot on brake. Also, every once in a while I notice that while driving my exhaust appears to be noticeably louder. Like I said, does not do it all the time. I do notice it more if I have been driving in traffic. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
My c5 had this issue and it was the camshaft position sensor going. It intermitently missed and ramdomly died.

Last edited:
Putting your 2 clues together there may be an exhaust leak somewhere close to the engine. Check around the flex pipe somewhere. Or maybe the rough idle is making the exhaust vibrate. If thats the case clean the TB/IAC/MAF and see what happens. If the idle is bouncing high and low replace the TPS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Putting your 2 clues together there may be an exhaust leak somewhere close to the engine. Check around the flex pipe somewhere. Or maybe the rough idle is making the exhaust vibrate. If thats the case clean the TB/IAC/MAF and see what happens. If the idle is bouncing high and low replace the TPS.

An exhaust leak can open and close depending on temperature, and if it is before the upstream lambda sensor in can throw the tune out of whack.

Titans have been known to crack the exhaust manifolds since the cat is apart of the manifold, I had both of mine crack at 50,000 miles and replaced they are cracked again and I am at 133,000 miles, also the motor mounts and transmission mount like to go out every 50,000 miles I am on my 3rd set of those.

Montrose

Last edited:
I had a fuel pump slowly failing at 50K.

I would be fine then all the sudden - no power then a rough period then fine.

Thing is it tested fine so I moved to other potential problems them ultimately replaced it and all has been well.

Yeah... the manifold crack as well - way expensive.

UD

Last edited:
At precisely 1400 RPM my exhaust resonates. Any other RPM is fine. Tail pipe fell off from the muffler rearward due to rust. Entire underside including driveline and differential minorly rusted up. Had body shop take wire wheel to underside and coat everything with a thick protectant. Been stored outside all its life. Western WA doesn't salt roads too much. Tail gate handle coming apart some. No other problems since new. 07 with 83K miles.

Replaced plugs at 70K just cuz. Easy job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MJB09SRT8
Titans have been known to crack the exhaust manifolds

That is what I was thinking.

I don understand the problems with the Titan and Armada / Infinitey Clone. Nissan makes amazing engines IMHO and great cars. I love my Maxima. Amazing. Nissan hardbody trucks and rwd pathfinders are pretty much bulletproof. Why does the Titan platform have so many issues???

Originally Posted By: ToadU
I don understand the problems with the Titan and Armada / Infinitey Clone. Nissan makes amazing engines IMHO and great cars. I love my Maxima. Amazing. Nissan hardbody trucks and rwd pathfinders are pretty much bulletproof. Why does the Titan platform have so many issues???

confused2.gif

What problems? 83K miles here. No motor issue.

I haven't had any motor problems just replaced half of the other parts on the truck, Nissan has been making cars for a long time but the titan was their first full size truck platform. It had some growing pains.

Montrose

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Originally Posted By: ToadU

confused2.gif

What problems? 83K miles here. No motor issue.

The Titan / Armada platform has consistently ranked at the bottom of quality assessments. That doesn't mean much necessarily because the gap between first and worse is pretty narrow with today's technology unless you drive a Fiat.

I have noticed it mainly runs like [censored] after a nice 20 minute or longer drive. the exhaust gets loader, I feel a significant drop in power. I don't get any codes and all my gauges stay the same. The truck runs like a champ while cold. Hopefully this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back