Work Pants/Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
since I saw the other thread about work boots, what do you successfully use to work with and take a beating?
i don't work a lot with oils and other stuff, but sometime have to get out of my office/computer stuff, and is dusty/dirty with some remnants of oil/coolant dust.
some give-in may be good for movement.

Thank you

I wear 5.11 Tactical. It does great with dust and dirt.
wink.gif

Their Tac-lite line is also extremely durable, lightweight, and has some good pockets.

+1 on the Red Hat work wear. The most comfortable polyester uniform i was ever forced to wear!

url=http://www.dickies.ca]Dickies[/url]

My son works as a welder, and their double-knee work pant has lasted more than 2 years.

I wear Dickies carpenter shorts all summer long.

Carhartt 100% cotton work pants and a long sleeve cotton shirt...I'm not brand loyal on shirts but I do like the Carhartt work pants. I cannot wear any polyester or synthetic clothing around live electrical equipment as synthetic or polyester will melt to your skin. Personal preference but I keep my pants a little more fitted to keep chaffing to a minimum.

The Dickies and Craftsman work pants are probably pretty similiar to the Carhartts.

Just remember to look at the material of the clothes before you buy if you work around flammable stuff. It's better for your clothing to burn off of you than melt to your skin.

Last edited:
I usually wear Lucky jeans to work, but have worn everything from poopy suits to Levis jeans to Deluth firehose pants (very nice, btw.)

Now that most of my work is done in clean spaces, I've found that a nice pair of comfortable jeans works best.

old stained/torn T-shirt i don't mind getting dirty, and old stained/torn jeans(aka Painting Clothes), under a set of coveralls.

Last edited:
L.A. Police Gear has their house brand of BDU's for good prices and have been durable for me without costing a fortune . They have a great website.

My other line of work, Ariat F.R. denim pants have held up excellent. They are pricy for F.R. pants, but the fit well and last a long time. Ariat also has excellent and very comfortable safety toe (steel or composite) work boots with the "workhog sole".

I have the carhart made in USA double front canvas pants for heavy jobs, and round house USA made carpenter's dungarees for lighter stuff.

White undershirts are the best work shirt I've found. Cool, light, tough enough, throw away if needed, bleach if needed, etc. not too hot or cold, easily layered over.

If I'm working on something with fluids or grease I'll wear a set of coveralls over my clothing. The coveralls stay in the shop and are exclusively for dirty work. For regular work I have bib overalls, or just regular work jeans and a shirt.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
White undershirts are the best work shirt I've found. Cool, light, tough enough, throw away if needed, bleach if needed, etc. not too hot or cold, easily layered over.

Me too, although I'm starting to like poly-something for working around the house--breathes better, actually will dry out. "Active" wear.

But cotton shirts are great for wearing under regular shirts.

Work provides my uniforms, which unfortunately are mostly polyester I believe, and I sweat something terrible in the summer, and freeze my butt off in them in the winter. As far as work t shirts, I really like the Duluth Trading ones. They are fairly heavy weight, without being to hot in the summer, and comfy, wear well. I've tryed carharts and dickies work t's, and they just seemed heavy and not very "soft" feeling. As for a light weight T, I go for Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, fruit of the loom seems to fit me better, but the Hanes seem to hold up better. Oh, almost for got, best light weight work t I ever had/have, is I think made by Jerzee. When I went to tech school after high school, we had to wear uniform pants and school t shirts to class, and the t shirts were made by Jerzee, and I still have a few of them that I wear for work and they are now 15yrs old. Sure they have a few small holes here and there, but they were light weight, fit me better than anything I've had since, and hold up great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back