Generator no start before snowstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your fuel containers treated with Sta-bil and Marvel Mystery Oil. The gasoline will last up to 12 months, and the MMO will help clean your generator while in use.

If the fuel sits around for a while, just empty it into your vehicle and refill the mixture.

Always turn off fuel line and let your generator run dry before storing it for future use, which will keep the carburetor empty and clean.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Oh, in addition to the spark plug, check the carb. Mine actually had some metal particles in the float bowl that migrated into the emulsion tube and needle valve, possibly left from manufacturing. Needle valve? Yep, it has one, and it's adjustable, covered by a little cup-shaped tamper plug. A small punch and tapping on the edge of the plug will remove it. Powerhouse has service manuals online for it showing a breakdown of the carb. Once I blew out the emulsion tube and took out the needle valve to blow it out, it was much happier.

Pretty much this. There's a 10mm nut holding the bowl on, take it off and have a look-see. Could be as simple as having "gristle" (as I would call it) gumming up the bowl and float.

Good luck!

PS the 19mm reach/ 14mm thread spark plugs most of these use cross in physical size to MANY car plugs, including possibly yours. Heat range may be off a bit, but it would still run. Run it ten minutes on the substitute plug then swap the original back in.

To open the bowl does the gas tank need to be drained/empty first? I tried this before and the gas just kept pouring out until I quickly put it back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back