I'm really liking Duragloss rinse-less car wash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I retired and now live in Bisbee, Az. Water usage is a pretty big deal here so I jumped into the realm of hoseless car washing. In my case my '11 F150 FX4 which has never seen any more paint care other than claying and wash / wax. It was built 1/2011 so that makes it officially 5 years old.
Here's the product: [img:center][/img]

I use 4oz per 2 gallons of water ratio which is more than required. To wash the car I used Griots garage microfiber towels that he recommends for his waterless car wash. They are very fluffy and work great with the Duragloss. I used common auto parts store drying cloths, one a microfiber, the other a waffle weave. I'm sure these cell phone pictures are less than ideal but the gist is obvious.
[img:center][/img]

Nice reflection... [img:center][/img]

I apologize if this is a less than decent post, I just wanted to show how nicely this product is. It appears to leave a wax finish as the surfaces are all very slick. A big positive to rinse less washing is being able to stop at any point and then resume later - stopping for lunch comes to mind...
Also, I used very hot water to make up my batch and the wash water being hot helps with bug removal. Closing in on 64 years old, full blast car washing are only happening maybe twice a year; and with results like these maybe even less ..
Cheers all!

Truck looks good! Love duragloss products. I always use aquawax as a drying aid after everywash.

They also have a new waterless wash. I have it and it works very well. I'm unable to see any of the pictures.......

Yep, rinseless car wash is good stuff. I stocked up on the short-lived Turtle Wax version, which produces pretty nice results. Duragloss or Optima are on the list to check out next when the TW rinseless runs out.

I live in salty winter [censored] AKA Chicago and can do a quick "rinseless" wash in my garage during the winter. It's awesome stuff! Start to finish it takes about 20 minutes.

I like it a lot too. Does Duragloss make a bad product? I don't know what it is.

So far as I know, all of the rinseless washes are good. I'm not sure I'll stay with it though:

I think it shines a little better if I separately apply the aquawax spray at the end. It only takes another 10 minutes.

Duragloss Rinseless doesn't keep. I'm in the habit of immediately washing my microfiber towels when I am done and mixing a new batch of suds and putting the towels in the bucket with a lid on top until I wash again. Saves me the trouble of needlessly drying my towels. Duragloss acquires a rotten egg smell after a couple of weeks in warm weather (although it works OK). Turtlewax doesn't do this.

PS. Congratulations on the retirement. Not many better climates than Cochise county Arizona. Don't let the "Bisbrains" get you down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back