Acer or Dell laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always had good luck with Dell. I have two, one is 10 years old and the other is 6. Both have held up great!

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Both Chinese, take your pick
Any non made in China personal computers?

Both brands are alright. I would worry about the hardware more than who made it since those two are both OK. Are you sure $250 is enough for whatever you will be using it for? In my opinion an i3 and 8GB is the minimum for low frustration computing, and it's going to be hard to find that for $250 in a decent quality brand. How about a refurbished enterprise laptop?

Buy a refurb dell from dell outlet.

Their refurbished laptops are excellent quality and have good warranty. I am typing on one that I bought for $149 last year.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Pick anything not made in china

nice words, but such as????

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Pick anything not made in china

nice words, but such as?????

Vietnam? I'd pick China over that any day.

Forget the reliability of brand, you need to figure out the reliability of your Seller/Reseller.

E.g. you buy it from costco or to some degree bestbuy you'll be able to take it back a lot easier than some internet warehouse that gives you the runaround or a 20% restocking fee

Last edited:
I would buy Dell, because of the owner "saving" the company from greedy investors!

..and I would buy HP Oscilloscopes, not laptops.

Lenovo is now assembling laptops in the USA. I don't know how you tell which ones are built in the USA or not.

Buy an older ThinkPad. They are reliable and easy to swap and replace/upgrade parts.

I have a inspiron dell from 2005 still working fine with win 10. It miss 3 keys. My 2008 Lenovo just disintegrated falling pieces if that junk black plastic. Ibm was the same as the previous laptop disintegrated with 5 years of use. No lenovo for me again... now i use mostly android devides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back