Forbidden Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Anne Francis (Altaira) speaking to Robbie the Robot: "Where have you been?"

Robbie: "I was giving myself an oil job."

Leslie Neilsen is the captain of the visiting ship, C-57D.

"Don't call me Shirley!"
smile.gif

Last edited:
Alta was beautifull on those dresses made by Roby....

Now, Leslie Nielssen wasnt in that movie...

Last edited:
Astro14 said:
Ah, the sound of synthesizer music, a Hollywood first!

A classic. Own it on DVD. [/quote

I was going to call you out on that, and tell you that the creepy music was made by a Theremin https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin#Film_music

By luckily I checked first
33.gif

Love that movie, I don't know how old I was when I first saw it, but I remember hiding under the couch and wat hing while the monster was climbing the steps to the space craft.

+1. Absolutely one of the best. Won a bunch of special effects awards that year. They changed the voice of the robot at the last minute too. First choice sounded bad.

Forbidden Planet- great movie. I also liked Anne Francis in Honey West. Corny as heck but man she was cute when she was holding that snubbie.

Still the best. I saw that in the theater when I was six years old. Some parts scared the snot out of me. That was in 1956 when it was first released. I still enjoy watching it.

aca49563-5c97-41c0-ba15-ed86ac5e4dba_zpsl7enru3x.png

On YouTube there are a bunch of FP out-takes. Interesting!

Best thing about the movie is what don't show, and leave to the imagination.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Still the best. I saw that in the theater when I was six years old. Some parts scared the snot out of me. That was in 1956 when it was first released. I still enjoy watching it.

aca49563-5c97-41c0-ba15-ed86ac5e4dba_zpsl7enru3x.png

13 years before I was born. There are some old pals in here.

I have the collector's DVD edition of that movie complete with the toy "Robbie". It was one of the first sci-fi movies I ever saw and remains a favorite to this day. Walter Pidgeon, Leslie Nielsen, Earl Holliman, Richard Anderson (aka Oscar Goldman on the Six Million Dollar Man), and of course Anne Francis all combined to make a great movie for its time.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Alta was beautifull on those dresses made by Roby....

Now, Leslie Nielssen wasnt in that movie...

Still want to stick to that story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back