Let's See Your Handgun Shooting Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Some nice groups there John! It likes that Aguila!

Thanks!

What are you shooting these days?

You are shooting good especially for a beginner. Dry firing is great. Just make sure the gun is unloaded! When I dry fire I make sure ammo is out of the area as well as any loaded mags.
I see talk about the 21 foot "rule". If memory serves Sgt. Dennis Tueller came up with that. He was with Salt Lake City PD. He asked since we as police commonly train at 7 yards, how fast can someone close that distance with a weapon. Surprising to many it's about 1.5 seconds for an average size adult. That's fast taking into account the officer or otherwise legally armed individual must think about what to do, move if necessary, draw, etc...Basically this drill proved that someone 20 or so feet away who is armed with a weapon such as a knife is definitely in a position to kill or seriously injure you. Also since we should all know that shot ain't dead even if we were able to get a shot on target with the assailant closing in, there is no guarantee you will stop them prior to them inflicting injury.
For handgun training I usually shoot from 1 yard back to 25.

I never keep handgun targets
smirk.gif

Not that I'm ashamed of them, I just never keep them.
Typically, I shoot from 25 to 100 yards with my fullsize 9mm, and out to 50 with my M&P Shield.

Since I don't have any pix, here's a video.

Last edited:
911Target.JPG

Does 10mm AR SBR count?

And I still haven't adjusted the sights. Most trips I'm just blasting clays on the berm and tinkering. All my focus is on getting it running right, not sighting it in. Now that I'm reloading regularly, and have it running smoothly, should be easy - Diamondhead Polymer sights - I need to next trip. (bring screwdriver!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back