ArCHOIL 6200 WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, is this stuff HMW PIB?
High Molecular Weight PolyIsoButylene?

Then it WILL actually work. It is CARB approved to reduce emissions in diesels. Supposedly increases power and efficiency.
Gassers, less of an effect.

This is the stuff that Vison sells.

If its not, I have no idea how it could work at such low concentrations.

Based on my research it seems that Archoil products have had more traction with industrial/heavy duty/fleet vehicles. Not so much with cars in North America. On the other hand their European counterparts (archoil.eu) are more geared towards passenger cars for some reason.

Archoil has had a long time relationship with Argonne National Labs and their products are based on long term research to reduce wear and friction in engines. Whether that's the case with passenger cars is hard to say based on a very limited experience in the field database (as opposed to Liqui Moly products, Lubegard, etc.).

Originally Posted By: SR1919
Archoil has had a long time relationship with Argonne National Labs and their products are based on long term research to reduce wear and friction in engines. Whether that's the case with passenger cars is hard to say based on a very limited experience in the field database (as opposed to Liqui Moly products, Lubegard, etc.).

Please post a link or any data showing they have a relationship with the lab. I think that's complete nonsense.

What Archoil says is:

"Boron lubrication technology was initially developed at the Argonne National Laboratory for the US Dept. of Energy. From this research AR9100 was developed..."

Which is a long haul from a "relationship". In fact, the statement from Archoil means absolutely nothing in terms of a connect between any research the lab may have done and what Archoil is.

Frankly I cannot quantify the level of relationship between Argonne NL and Archoil. Perhaps the way my previous message was worded gave the erroneous impression that Archoil products are going to be effective and are of a higher quality. I do not know this and I hope more people share their experience with some of their products so we can better judge their use in passenger light-duty vehicles.

Originally Posted By: surfstar

Then it WILL actually work. It is CARB approved to reduce emissions in diesels. Supposedly increases power and efficiency.

Not the same stuff as Viscon.
Some googling led to this site which referenced this patent as being the patent for the Archoil ar6200.
The patent lists the chemicals in the product.

This thread was quite a read! The OP is either a very patient troll or a bit slow on the uptake.

Originally Posted By: Surestick
Originally Posted By: surfstar

Not the same stuff as Viscon.
Some googling led to this site which referenced this patent as being the patent for the Archoil ar6200.
The patent lists the chemicals in the product.

This thread was quite a read! The OP is either a very patient troll or a bit slow on the uptake.

The patent was indeed quite a read and set my head spinning. Interesting that it has been around longer than I imagined, but low fuel prices meant consumers didn't care. I didn't understand if all the information was from the applicant or if it was supporting material from someone else.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
patent applications should be considered PR documents... see an interesting claim, look for studies proving the claims or disregard them.

And granted patents are never proof of efficacy, only novelty.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
patent applications should be considered PR documents... see an interesting claim, look for studies proving the claims or disregard them.

For sure, I think there are some perpetual motion machines that have been patented.
That said, the list of ingredients should be the truth, no sense in patenting something else if you want to prevent copies cutting into your profits...

domer10 did you ever get photos of inside the engine after running Archoil AR9100 in the crankcase?

We have been using AR9100 and AR6200 since sometime in 2014. I do not have photos before or after but the stains I can see where I pour in the oil seem less. The diesel engines are in two old 60HP tractors. Both ran fine before and after. The injector pump seems to rattle a bit less with AR6200 or WM Two Cycle oil in the fuel in the 1976 265 Massey Ferguson but no sound change in the 1983 John Deere 310B backhoe.

We are on our 2nd gallon of AR9100 (now $250 per gallon) but still on the first quart of AR6200 ($700 per gallon) because it goes a long way.

I know many of the Ford diesel PU guys swear by both AR 9100 and AR 6200. The only engine that we saw a marked decrease in oil consumption was in the 5.9L gas engine in the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 but only after nearly 10K miles of using both. It was using a quart about every 500 miles and now it is more like 1500 miles before the son has to add the first quart. The old 1989 Ford 429 big block in the F700 truck is the only one where with no other changes the starter now spins the engine faster so I do not know if that is due to less friction or for some unknown electrical reason. It was a super dirty engine internally when we got it 6 years ago and Rotella T6 5W-40 cleaned it well internally but I did change the oil filler when the oil would get black about three times over about 3 years. It sees little use. The AR9100 keeps the add pack at a peak level longer I gather from the marketing materials.

Anyway if you or others have had experience with Archoil AR6200 or AR9100 I would like to hear about it. The marketing material seems to be more scientific like than most. Its use in million dollar machines caught my attention.

Originally Posted By: Surestick
That said, the list of ingredients should be the truth, no sense in patenting something else if you want to prevent copies cutting into your profits...

Yes and no. The patent shows novelty and not necessarily everything involved in the process. If you tell everything then somoeone is going to copy you and you will have to defend the patent. No one wants to do that.

In all the patents I have been involved with you work with your patent lawyers to describe the novelty in enough detail to get the grant, but if you can leave out significant key components or processes that would enable someone to copy your work then all the better.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: SR1919

Please post a link or any data showing they have a relationship with the lab. I think that's complete nonsense.

What Archoil says is:

"Boron lubrication technology was initially developed at the Argonne National Laboratory for the US Dept. of Energy. From this research AR9100 was developed..."

Which is a long haul from a "relationship". In fact, the statement from Archoil means absolutely nothing in terms of a connect between any research the lab may have done and what Archoil is.

Conpiracy! Nobody uses public money to develop private products ....

We started running the fuel additive last year in our Ford 6.7s Regens were cut in half. Less regens equal better fuel mileage, less [censored] in the exhaust, longer life.

Originally Posted By: Greenhead
We started running the fuel additive last year in our Ford 6.7s Regens were cut in half. Less regens equal better fuel mileage, less [censored] in the exhaust, longer life.

Isn't that something.

Originally Posted By: TheOnlySarge
Sigmund Freud could have written multiple books if he lived to read this thread. None of them about fuel additives.

One of the better comments on Archoil!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back