FRAM made V-105 CUT OPEN, 2014 Acadia, 6,000~

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my brothers good friend stopped by after work. This FRAM made filter was on with Synpower 5w30 for 6,000~ miles. Doesn't look awful or great. Maybe a extra guard made for Valvoline quick lubes. FRAM ultra he supplied and full syn MaxLife 5w30 went in and on. He is in sales and racks up TONS of miles.

fc6utz.jpg

qs4lcy.jpg

2dlj15f.jpg

1411bug.jpg

2s8r1qb.jpg

2d2ai5i.jpg

1zdoql3.jpg

6nxx8i.jpg

219rs3q.jpg

1ovjol.jpg

afhflu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: robo339
Probably more efficient than your gloves

Must be Purolator brand gloves.
laugh.gif

That looks like the FRAM OCOD insides. And, that oil looks like it went longer than it should have. How many miles are on this OCI?
Thanx for the cut and post.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
that oil looks like it went longer than it should have.
how were you able to determine this?

When did Valvoline drop Purolator?

-----

Filter looks like the orange can I ran on the Grand Prix for 6ish months. I wasn't impressed and upgraded that car to the ToughGuard.

Purolator gloves made with self tearing holes for better ventilation
smile.gif

I will say that I went to AAP this evening and looked at the Purolator Boss filter. It looks good upon visual inspection. The inlet holes inside of the filter look to be just fine. It definitely was heavy and substantial. Memphis909's information about the efficiency is certainly good enough for me to run one. I do think these filters may very well be a good option. At $11.19 it is a bit too high for an everyday price. With a combo of Castrol and Boss for $29.99 its a good deal. I would buy it for sure. Ohh and I saw Castrol high mileage in the AAP too. Very nice.

Thanks car51 for another good c and p. Best if the best man
smile.gif

Engine is dirty, use shorter intervals. I emailed Fram and they said that's an extra guard in disguise aka 95%@20 microns. Also most of them aren't made like that more often they are e core versions which are 94%

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Now the Framboys can chime in......"looks good". ROFL.

Even the Framboys can't defend that turd.

Originally Posted By: Manofsteel
4th and 5th pics look like the endcap, has peeled awsy from the media

If that was the case, car51 would have certainly mentioned it. But he didn't.

Once upon a time there was a crooked tree and a straight
tree. And they grew next to each other. And every day the straight tree would look at the crooked tree and he would say, "You're crooked. You've always been crooked and you'll continue to be crooked. But look at me! Look at me!" said the straight tree. He said, "I'm tall and I'm straight." And then one day the lumberjacks came into the forest and looked around, and the manager in charge said, "Cut all the straight trees." And that crooked tree is still there to this day, growing strong and growing strange.

-Kneller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back