09 Colorado 2.9l timing correlation code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbors truck has some issues the temp gauge reads cold and ac off so that's probably a bad temp sensor (temp pid reads -40 degrees. The water pump is shot. Has a lean code to that's from the temp below threshold code caused by the bad ect. But it also has an exhaust crank shaft timing code and exhaust camshaft timing code . I can do a functional cam actuator test with my scan tool and make the engine run rough the more I activate the actuator which tells me it works. Now when I first looked the truck over it was 2.5 qt low on oil and from looking down the oil cap hole plenty of sludge deposits and gunk. So any experience with these anyone any thoughts. I'm leaning toward the sludge causing an oil pressure restriction to the cam actuator ect. All advice and thoughts is appreciated.

I think the 2.8 became a 2.9 around 2007 or so. Fix the known bad parts and clear the codes before proceeding.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I think the 2.8 became a 2.9 around 2007 or so. Fix the known bad parts and clear the codes before proceeding.

Oh I'm assuming same engine with the slightest bump for marketing. Same timing/phase unit i'm sure.

Some years also had problems with the crankshaft reluctor wheel turning and required a new crankshaft. But I think that was like the 2012 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back