Oil for A14Net in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Sorry, I do not speak English .. I live in Russia .. We have a very bad service GM ... the mechanics no education .. they do not understand anything .. and official dealers only extort money .. to run 2,000 miles in my bad include the transfer, I was offered a diagnosis for $ 300. it's funny .. I solved the problem on their own for $ 40. just changed the oil in the transmission ..
There was a question .. In Russia, oil is recommended dexos2 in gasoline engines, I A14NET. I wonder why, I'd like to use dexos 1 to save fuel.
The truth is, I often push the gas pedal to the floor. whether dexos1 hurt? or what kind of oil should I use?
I used Google translator .. sorry

If you can find a Dexos 1 oil, use it in gasoline engines. Use Dexos 2 in diesels. Lukoil probably make some. Push the pedal to the floor as much as you like. No harm as long as the engine is fully warm.

What oils do you have available? I don't think it matters that much. I doubt Russia has any emissions test so you could run high zinc oils.

So your city has a million people. This should make it easy to obtain name brand oil. There was just news of Russian counterfeit oil being sold at flea markets etc so buy from a legitimate retailer. I'd feel comfortable with Dexos 1 oil, especially a brand other than Mobil 1, as I feel Mobil 1 is "the brand to counterfeit" due to its market presence. A diesel endorsement on your oil is also usually a good thing.

Quote:

"We have a very bad service GM ... the mechanics no education .. they do not understand anything .. and official dealers only extort money"

We have Dealers like that too
frown.gif

Just out of interest, what weight, viscosity oil is recommended or commonly available where you live?

What car do you have? What year is it? We can Wikipedia about anything, and give a better recommendation.

Opel Astra j GTC 2014 engine is the same as in the Chevrolet cruze A14Net (103 kw). The instructions recommend dexos2. 5w30 or A3 / B4 (C3). Why Russia and Europe recommended diesel oil dexos2 ..? what is the reason for this decision? in most countries poured dexos1 ... which has a positive effect on fuel economy and can byit bit on power ..?
Change the oil every 3,500-4,000 miles spend,
I wanted to try Mobi1 x1 5w-30 dexos1.

No exhaust gas regulations is not a lot of young people are removed catalyst to get more power =)
Many oils have a choice, almost all of that is in the world =) For example Amsoil you can buy, but it is difficult, but Mobil 1. Castrol. Shell. Zic. LIQUI MOLY. Total. Mannol. Ravenol and others can be bought everywhere

Many oils are available, Mobil. Shell. Castrol. Ravenol. Zic. eneos. and many others, I can even buy Amsoil Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5W-30, but it is a bit difficult to order and wait .. not want to .. Price will be somewhere $ 50
Mobil 1 x1 price $ 37
but Lukoil GENESIS GLIDETECH 5W-30 PRICE only 17 $
APPROVAL:
API SN
ILSAC GF-5
GM dexos1
Meets requirements:
API CF
Ford WSS-M2C-929-A, WSS-M2C-946-A
I wonder how they refer to Lukoil products outside Russia?
We used to have to Lukoil treated very badly, but now they are gaining popularity

Last edited:
If that engine is similar to a US 4 cylinder Ecotec, then an API SN, Dexos1 5W-30 should be perfect.

I dream of a big engine, but our taxes are too big to powerful engines.
On the power of my engine (140 horsepower) 103 kw tax - $ 28 per year

And in the power of example to the Ford Focus RS 2016 (350 hp) 261 Kw tax amount - 700$

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Russian_Maks
I dream of a big engine, but our taxes are too big to powerful engines.
On the power of my engine (140 horsepower) 103 kw tax - $ 28 per year

And in the power of example to the Ford Focus RS 2016 (350 hp) 261 Kw tax amount - 700$

Ouch - that's a penalty. The only horsepower tax we pay in the US now is a bit more insurance and the need for more gasoline. Of course that could change since we now have a couple of Bolsheviks trying to get elected.

You are not going to save any money by switching to a different type of oil. Use what the manufacture recommends. Apparently they recommend a low phosphorus/low detergent oil since gasoline quality is good in Russia. Slightly higher viscosity protects the engine better.

I would just like to

welcome2.gif

Russian maks and say the Google translation works quite well.

If you feel you would like to tell us more about owning a car and driving in Russia, I, for one would be very interested.

What is the cost of Gasoline?

Is insurance expensive?

What is required to get a drivers licence?

Most of what I know about Russian driving comes from YouTube
whistle.gif

Hello =) Yes, of course I can tell)
Petrol 90 price for 1 liter - about 50 cents.
1 gallon of approximately $ 1.9 And what is your price?
As far as I understand from our strong differences in insurance movies.
the price of auto insurance in different ways .. depends on the power and the price of cars. Region (state) as well as on the driving experience, experienced drivers / those drivers who do not get in an accident, make allowances for the following year, with a discount more every year,
The price of compulsory insurance such as the Cruze 103kw. in my case 25 years, driving experience of 7 years, the accident was my fault not = $ 130 with a crazy exchange rate for today .. this insurance will cover the damage within the $ 5,200 to the driver who is not guilty of the accident and the culprit accident will repair your own car for their money.
But voluntary insurance of cars Cruze will about $ 600 -700 $ the same factors are taken into account, but this insurance will cover damage to your car if you are to blame for the crash. amounting to no more than the cost of cars.
Owning a car I think the same as everywhere else .. now probably gasoline at most gas stations QUALITY good, easy access to any parts and fluids.
Get a driver's license can be in 18 years, it is necessary to learn the 3 months .. (Previously, all simply bribed and took a certificate of completion of courses of drivers), is now a tough fight with koruptsiiey on drivers courses podgatavlivayut bad.
After the course, you need to pass the exam in the State Inspection of Road Safety. (Previously 8 out of 10 people were given a bribe and did not give up, but now it looks more tough fight with CORUPTION) ..
driving .... so easy to describe all =))
Traffic me every day is crazy .. not driving culture, many violate the rules is due to the fact that they simply do not know, especially girls, are going blindly because of this large traffic jams.
only about 5 years ago we introduced the divestment of the speed violation by more than 60km / h, and the police are now not take bribes)
Last year, 3 I am surprised that we have in the city roads have become more or less equal, all are less common pit, because of which can damage the car or an accident happens. already half-way there markup =) but still too many bad roads, especially in smaller cities ..
US driver's license issued in 16 years?
What else do you want to know?

If something is not correct or is not clear, tell me, I know a little English and try to correct the Google translator, he often puts the right words ... not a habit not a little at a loss to find the right word, because we, Stora offers differently in Russian language better words, so I can not always be sure of the translation

Thank you maks.

Gasoline here is about 75 cents U.S.
but our currency exchange rate is a little crazy at this time also.

In Canada, typically you can get a learners driving permit at age 16 (14 in the province of Alberta) but typically need to be 18 to get a full unrestricted drivers license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back