Japan's answer to Saturn comes to an end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I would buy a manual Xd but over a Fit. everything else - mehhhh.

Didn't read - how 'bout the FR-S?

I imagine there would still be a Subaru branded one

Hmmm... that popular song with the "[censored] purple Scion" line must have did them in.
laugh.gif

I believe several of the Scion models will be rebranded as a Toyota. The FR-S (maybe we'll finally get a Toyota 86!), the iM, iA and upcoming C-HR are suppose to become Toyotas. Maybe it was intentional that Scion had the same oval shaped logo as Toyota - easy change!

Quote:
Toyota’s newest vehicles are also appealing more toward the younger generation that Scion was aiming at.

You mean like a corolla with the faux stitched dashboard with a flat vertical surface right in your face, some two tone wheels, and an AT shifter that was purposely made to look like a manual transmission shifter, despite the fact that most Americans are too lazy and stupid to drive one, even in an economy-oriented econobox???!?

Yeah right, Toyota. You keep trying...

I believe it's sold in other markets as a Toyota. I think both Top Gear and Fifth Gear did segments on this car in the UK

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I believe it's sold in other markets as a Toyota. I think both Top Gear and Fifth Gear did segments on this car in the UK

Ya the FR-S/BRZ in other markets is the FT-86.

Good riddance. I always thought Scion was a stupid idea, and every one of the cars was ugly, except maybe the FR-S.

Speaking of the FR-S, its sales have been down for a while. Probably due to the fact that they want WRX money for it when it's marketed as a performance car and has only a puny 200 HP and the WRX has 265 HP AND a lot of utility, while the FR-S/BR-Z is a 2-seater toy.

Offer it with turbo and maybe it would get my attention.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Quote:
Toyota’s newest vehicles are also appealing more toward the younger generation that Scion was aiming at.

You mean like a corolla with the faux stitched dashboard with a flat vertical surface right in your face, some two tone wheels, and an AT shifter that was purposely made to look like a manual transmission shifter, despite the fact that most Americans are too lazy and stupid to drive one, even in an economy-oriented econobox???!?

They are still in business

Market cap

$202.42B

Average volume

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$691,944

EPS

The Toyota Corolla is a line of subcompact and compact cars manufactured by Toyota. Introduced in 1966, the Corolla was the best-selling car worldwide by 1974[1] and has been one of the best-selling cars in the world since then. In 1997, the Corolla became the best selling nameplate in the world, surpassing the Volkswagen Beetle.[2

Then there is GM

Market cap

$46.45B

Average volume

14.36M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$705,333

EPS

FORD

Market cap

$45.68B

Average volume

37.98M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$776,348

EPS

FCA

Market cap

$11.81B

Average volume

6.15M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$536,277

EPS

Yeah keep trying Toyota......
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
Quote:

They are still in business

Market cap

$202.42B

Average volume

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$691,944

EPS

The Toyota Corolla is a line of subcompact and compact cars manufactured by Toyota. Introduced in 1966, the Corolla was the best-selling car worldwide by 1974[1] and has been one of the best-selling cars in the world since then. In 1997, the Corolla became the best selling nameplate in the world, surpassing the Volkswagen Beetle.[2

Then there is GM

Market cap

$46.45B

Average volume

14.36M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$705,333

EPS

FORD

Market cap

$45.68B

Average volume

37.98M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$776,348

EPS

FCA

Market cap

$11.81B

Average volume

6.15M

P/E ratio

Rev. per Employee

$536,277

EPS

Yeah keep trying Toyota......
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Wow, congratulations, you completely missed the point!!

crackmeup2.gif

Their statement is still laughable based upon their silly designs.

Sorry, the new corolla interior design is... silly.

Manual trans wannabe and faux high end design...

Wonderful, enjoy... Soak it up.

Quote:

Have you ever peeked at BMW automatic shifters. That are fake manual transmission shifters. Scion only stole the idea.

The balance of the world has Toyota GT86 except USA.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Quote:

Have you ever peeked at BMW automatic shifters. That are fake manual transmission shifters. Scion only stole the idea.

No, I haven't. My BMW has an MT, and thank goodness they still offer MTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back