Nice to see Cenex joined top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed Cenex joined top tier. We have a ton in this state and now I don't have to avoid them. Not saying they were bad before, but it's nice to see they joined.

Cenex Top Tier

Looking at the list of top tier gas stations, I haven't purchased top tier gas in over 10 years. Unless my local Wawa sells it but doesn't advertise it.

If one had to choose between E0 and Top Tier, which one is better in the long run?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
If one had to choose between E0 and Top Tier, which one is better in the long run?

Cenex in our area, E0 and E10 are both available, and now Cenex is TT, so all gasoline they sell is TT. Did a recent check of stations in a town west of me. 11 stations and all but 4 offer E0 year round. Top Tier has nothing to do with ethanol, it is a detergency standard. Either way, I don't spend a lot of time worrying if the gas I am using is TT or not.

Originally Posted By: Xrs2zz
I just noticed Cenex joined top tier. We have a ton in this state and now I don't have to avoid them. Not saying they were bad before, but it's nice to see they joined.

Cenex Top Tier

Cenex has advertised fuel that keeps your engine clean for years. I kind of wondered if they just weren't avoiding joining due to cost of membership or something. I emailed Tesoro a few years ago, of which there used to be MANY where I lived, and they replied with a "not joining at this time" "we sell quality fuel that at least meets government requirements". I emailed back stating my concern is having MORE than government requirements and they sent another reply using corporate speak to really give me no information. I hate dealing with corporate speak. Just tell me the truth. I'll respect you more than giving me answers that avoid my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back