New filter recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used to use CarQuest premium filters in all of my cars because they were Wix filters. But I know a manager at CarQuest and he said that they are no longer going to be made by eix anymore so I am looking for a new filter. My truck now is a 2015 Silverado. Is the Fram Ultra really worth the extra money? What about Purolator Pureone or their new BOSS filter?

The CarQuest filter was only about $8 and the Fram is almost twice that, that's why I was wondering if it really worth the extra money.

Originally Posted By: Polarisdude94
The CarQuest filter was only about $8 and the Fram is almost twice that, that's why I was wondering if it really worth the extra money.

Ultras at Walmart are ~$9.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

+1 everyday

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Try researching the Fram Pro Synthetic line of oil filters, available on eBay for $6 each in a carton of six.

They are just Ultras without the grip stuff, correct? Sold in bulk to shops, I assume?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I looked on their website and it was $13 for my truck.

There's nothing wrong with the new Fram CQ Blue filters.

Originally Posted By: skaughtz
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Try researching the Fram Pro Synthetic line of oil filters, available on eBay for $6 each in a carton of six.

They are just Ultras without the grip stuff, correct? Sold in bulk to shops, I assume?

Correct.

At my shop yesterday I ran out of my stock filters for my personal jeep. Ironic. I own the place and didn't have a filter in stock. A quick trip to the auto parts store and I picked up a STP XL. Felt nice and sturdy. Looked good. Was twice the price I pay wholesale but the oil was already draining out of my jeep on the lift. I run 10w30 Syn blend Mag1 / 7500 OCI. It's the 4.0 2001 Cherokee.

I really don't think different oils or filter brands make much of a difference tbh. I think following the manufacturers spec weights and OCIs are the key.

Before I got the jeep it spent its life getting 7,000 OCIs at a quick lube per the records I found in the glove box. The quick lube used mighty max filters. Jeep runs great.

My company impounded the jeep for improper parking and the the owner didn't notice it was missing until the bill got up to where he couldn't pay it. The guy ended up paying me $150 of the bill and gave me the keys and title in exchange for dropping collections against him. Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back