factory service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the dealer be the easiest place to order one? Looking for the one for a 2008 Chevy 2500 with the LMM Duramax. Im helping my friend with some performance parts on his Dmax (Fleece Cheetah turbo, EGR delete, etc) we want to pull the Allison tranny to better access the turbo and EGR components, this will both be our first time pulling an Allison were both mechanically inclined(hes a marine diesel mechanic) but we figured it couldnt hurt to have the factory manual, especially for torque specs. thanks guys.

A dealer isn't going to be able to help.

Helm prints all GM's service info on an as-requested basis. A printed service manual set will cost you about $300. You order directly from Helm.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=GMC&Make=CHV&Model=SILV&Year=2008&Category=1&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=

Another option is a 3-day AC Delco TechConnect subscription for $20. This will give you access to the GM's web-based service info and you can print or print to PDF the info you need.

http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/shop-program/psc-program/gm-service-information/

The third option is to try and find a printed set of manuals on eBay.

You can try doing some Google-fu and see if you get lucky. I was able to find the complete Honda service manual for my car online available to download. 1200 page pdf file.

PM me your cab configuration and drive type (4x2 / 4x4)

25.gif

+1 for Ebay.

Bought about 4 or 5 factory manuals from Ebay. Range from $20-$50, so definitely cheaper than the dealership.

BTW, also don't be afraid to look for similar year models (ie. 2007 or 2009 may resemble the 2008 model); I got my FSM cheap for a 2004 Accent which is identical to the 2005.

On an older car the Factory Service Manuals sell cheaply on eBay. Even the printed version. I bought one for an Oldsmobile real cheap because at the time a lot of GM dealers were closing.

eBay will be the cheapest option.

For some brands, you can get manuals from Helm.

helminc.com shows the paper service manual set for the 2008 Silverado in stock, but it's $275.00. They don't list a CD option for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back