big o tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allot of big o tires sold around here. My dad buys them for both of their cars. He has no complaints about them.

I priced the bigfoot A/T tire for my 4runner. They came out to over $900 for 4 installed. Costco has $70 off this month on Michelin LTX M/S2, set of 4 installed for $850.

I've heard too many horror stories of bad tires from Big-O and had a bad experience myself with them years ago. I'll never give them another dime. In contrast I've had nothing but good experiences over the years with Discount Tire.

YMMV... literally!

I have two Big-O tires near me. One is pretty good, the other is lacking. Their truck tires are made by Cooper for the most part. You have to compare apples to apples when you buy their branded tires since they come with mileage guarantees, road hazard, life time rotation/balance.

Originally Posted By: shiny
I've heard too many horror stories of bad tires from Big-O and had a bad experience myself with them years ago. I'll never give them another dime. In contrast I've had nothing but good experiences over the years with Discount Tire.

YMMV... literally!

With America's Tire(Discount Tire outside So Cal) around there is no reason to shop at Big-O.

Big O and NTW are one and the same.
After the experience that I had with them, I avoid them like the plague.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Lots of women seek them out. Must be something about their balance?

eek.gif
shocked.gif
whistle.gif

never shopped one, as they aren't around here at all, but IIRC My Cousin's Hubby is some where in the upper Middle strata of their Corporate structure...

so i hope the whole company aren't shysters!

Pretty sure that Big O doesn't manufacture tires, they have them made for them. Who the actual manufacturer is would might tell you something.

Bought some Big O A/T's for my Ram a couple of years ago. They had a good deal going at the time for the 10 ply's. Since I drive pretty rocky roads and areas, I have ruined a few tires, so I thought I would give them a try. Never have been able to get a good balance on them and have tried everything.

The nicer tires are made by Cooper, Goodyear and Yokohama. The others are made in China. The DOT codes tell all, and TBC who owns Big O is a big private-label distributor.

I have 33x12.5x15 bigo Bigfoot m/t on my bronco and they have been a great tire. Keep in mind it's mostly trail n such but they grip like mad on anything that isn't frozen. In the ice I had some extra work to do. They have worn good and since I drive it to the trails the road noise is minimal on the highway. I would buy then again and no they aren't the first tires I've had on this rig.

Originally Posted By: nthach
The nicer tires are made by Cooper, Goodyear and Yokohama. The others are made in China. The DOT codes tell all, and TBC who owns Big O is a big private-label distributor.

I have Big O tires on one vehicle are they are clearly labeled as being made by Sumitomo Rubber in Thailand.

Originally Posted By: CKN

I have Big O tires on one vehicle are they are clearly labeled as being made by Sumitomo Rubber in Thailand.

Are they a Big O house brand like Euro Tour/Big Foot, or are they a private label like Sumic/Doral/Epic Tour?

Originally Posted By: CKN

Are they a Big O house brand like Euro Tour/Big Foot, or are they a private label like Sumic/Doral/Epic Tour?

Big O house brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back