Car crash videos from Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize there is a whole channel on YT dedicated to wrecks and road rage incidents from the US ?

The type of crashes you get to see there is mind blowing
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I can't resist watching those vids on Youtube. A nice mix of emotions including incredulity, amusement, shock, sadness, and a good dose of being glad I don't do collision analysis any longer.

You see so many of these videos from Russia because it's pretty much standard practice for people to have dash cameras. This isn't so much because of bad drivers, but more due to corruption. Apparently it's fairly common for people to intentionally cause an accident and then sue the other person.

According to my Russian friend they are terrible drivers.

Partially due to the fact of less experience compared to USA.

He mentioned that many folks there initially did not own cars until used or new started getting imported. Russian branded vehicles are junk from new.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yep, I can't resist watching those vids on Youtube. A nice mix of emotions including incredulity, amusement, shock, sadness, and a good dose of being glad I don't do collision analysis any longer.

I watch one once in a while as a little reminder not to push my luck passing in the winter... And to always get snow tires. And always slow down when some clown tries a bad pass coming towards me.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
You see so many of these videos from Russia because it's pretty much standard practice for people to have dash cameras. This isn't so much because of bad drivers, but more due to corruption. Apparently it's fairly common for people to intentionally cause an accident and then sue the other person.

Very true. I have a Russian friend who says this. Corruption, uninsured drivers, and insurance fraud are the main reasons. It's a jungle out there.

Bad cars, bad tires, bad drivers, excess speeding and vodka. I think those are the main reasons for the crashes in Russia.

One thing you see way too often in the Russian dashcam vids is a late left turn in front of an approaching car on a snowy road.

I think depth perception is in short supply there....

Blya, Souka, Tvayou Mat are the most common phrases.

Watching the dashcam videos is amusing but sometimes they will compile the full story with the aftermath. That's when it gets very sad because a lot of the cases these involve fatalities or serious injuries.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
According to my Russian friend they are terrible drivers.

Partially due to the fact of less experience compared to USA.

He mentioned that many folks there initially did not own cars until used or new started getting imported. Russian branded vehicles are junk from new.

The issue withrussian carswas that you had to wait about 10 years before you could take delivery after your order. It's just easier and faster to buy imports now

High demand, low production hence the long wait time. In the 80-s they produced 1.3m cars per year on average for a population of around 200 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back