Are you ready if the power grid gets hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Doog

Ok 2013? Did they lose interest or are they as patient as AL-Qaida as in bombing the WTC in 1993 then again in 2001. Many people felt they "lost interest" in the WTC. Big mistake.

Of course we have terorists. But I don't see one behind every tree (as do you) and with the knowledge to take down a grid.

Quote:
The power grid is set up into 3 grids East/West and Texas.
The East and West do not share power across the grid. So multiple attacks to both E&W at the same time in high demand months (July-August) could prove to shut down or cripple major portions of both.

Just bc its a grid it doesn't all collapse in the event of a problem. It automatically isolates faults. Its not an "all or nothing thing"

Quote:
The second but most important point is: The attack was highly planned, very specific and successful.
No suspects have been identified or arrested.

Yea..it took a highly planned action that took down a substation and a couple of transformers..causing zero problems for everyone exept the people that were paid to fix it.

I think you are worrying too much needlessly. Have a beer and relax.
cheers3.gif

Good idea...
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

You militia type people bother me. It'll be one of you wanting to do something like this to fulfill some alternate version of the country where you're on top because of your guns. Obviously you're already thinking about which rounds can penetrate a transformer tank.

You seem to be overly afraid of firearms. Have you consulted a mental health professional about the possibility you have hoplophobia?

It's the pretend tin soldiers that own the guns. Machismo braggerts and such. You know, check out the firearms section of any carforum.

This carforum on BITOG has a pretty mellow firearm section by comparison to a lot of other firearm specific forums.

Some folks do talk some crazy idiocy. Like somehow needing 1000 rounds in a SHTF scenario. The Road is a decent look at the situation.

I'll spend my time worrying about my cholesterol and blood pressure and let the preppers worry about surviving WROL.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

I'll spend my time worrying about my cholesterol and blood pressure and let the preppers worry about surviving WROL.

Smart..and you will be just as far ahead. All their prep will amount to diddly squat.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

You militia type people bother me. It'll be one of you wanting to do something like this to fulfill some alternate version of the country where you're on top because of your guns. Obviously you're already thinking about which rounds can penetrate a transformer tank.

You seem to be overly afraid of firearms. Have you consulted a mental health professional about the possibility you have hoplophobia?

It's the pretend tin soldiers that own the guns. Machismo braggerts and such. You know, check out the firearms section of any carforum.

This carforum on BITOG has a pretty mellow firearm section by comparison to a lot of other firearm specific forums.

Some folks do talk some crazy idiocy. Like somehow needing 1000 rounds in a SHTF scenario. The Road is a decent look at the situation.

There has been talk right here about overthrow of the government. No need to go looking around to find lunacy. I think some guys jobs are so boring or their life is so boring they dream about a video games version of existence.

That and their batcrap nuts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back