50/50 Mix Mobil Super 5000 and Mobil 1 High Mileag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get this UOA done early b/c I wanted to verify air filter sealing issues were fixed/better.

Anyway, thought y'all might like to see what 50/50 Mobil Super 5K and Mobil 1 HM looks like.

N7SK3Np.png

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Why are you mixing different oils?

What do you mean?

Mobil Super and Mobil1 are different oils. They have different additive packages, so they will be less effective when mixed.

Can't figure out why Titanium is the same in both UOA's shown. The old UOA you had Mobil Super 5000, and it should have been about 30 ppm, per http://www.pqiamerica.com/ExxonMobilSuper5000.htm ...

Then, you use M1 High Mileage 50% in the latest UOA, and Titanium turns out predictably to be 14 ppm, expected.

Iron ppm wear looked very good in the latest UOA.

That was a Taurus? of some model year?

Mobil Super and Mobil1 are different oils. They have different additive packages, so they will be less effective when mixed.

What part of the UOA I posted gives you that impression?

One or two UOAs are not a trend, especially when you have a tremendously confounding factor such as an air filtration problem.

One or two UOAs are not a trend, especially when you have a tremendously confounding factor such as an air filtration problem.

Irrelevant. You said it's not effective. What part of the last UOA says the oil is ineffective? Air filtration problems can't make oil seem more effective. Only less.

Mixing oils? OP has 219k on this unit. Hardly a big deal. I'm assuming the sample date was 1-5-16, not the one shown as 1-5-15. How long was the oil in use - months? Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

Read it some where.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

How would a UOA be able to give such an impression in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back