Super Tech HD 30 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Super Tech HD 30 oil be ok to run Briggs and Stratton generators during the summer months?

I've never seen that product. If it's like the rest, it has the same add pack as all other Supertrch lubes. Good for keeping costs down, ok for some other situations. For this if rather ensure it has max zddp.

Warren products is very forthcoming. Email them and ask. If it's the 800ppm add pack, it's the same as the rest and I'd skip. Otherwise use it!

Yea should be fine. How old are the generators? Many newer small engines call for 10w30 now.

They are old generators, one was bought in 1995 the other in 2002 so I've had them for a couple of years.

I have been using it in all my customers and my own ope for summer use for to many years to remember. Of course my memory isn't what it use to be. Small engines don't need a lot of zddp, as they don't have very high valve spring pressure. I can compress most of them with my thumb.

Last edited:
Older Briggs used to specify ND 30, I've personally used SAE 30 HDEO (Delo 400) on mine with no issues, HD 30 would be slightly lower in detergent, I'm sure it would work fine.

Thanks everyone, I'll mainly be using it to exercise my generators monthly. If I have to run them for prolonged periods I'll use a better oil.

Originally Posted By: doolah02
Thanks everyone, I'll mainly be using it to exercise my generators monthly. If I have to run them for prolonged periods I'll use a better oil.

The supertech 30w will be just fine. It's good oil.

Our pricing on the product is similar, but ours is available in 5 gallon pails at Walmart.
wink.gif

I've never seen Supertech HD 30 in 5 gallon pails down here Garak. That would be very handy though. I've also never seen QSAD HD 30 down here; major chains quit stocking it before I got into oil.

You're in Florida. It gets hot. I run Delo400 15W-40 in all my small engines (Yard Tractors, Mowers, Rototillers, etc.) and have for decades. They all seem to like it. Why go straight 30, unless it's inexpensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back