Ultra SRT, Is ZDDP that low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my X seems to like it,,,,however I can't find any data beside that VOA that we all have seen. it's the old stuff,,, I have 7 qts,,,+ 11 qts of PUP Pure plus SRT which I have no clue about.

I posted a link back in December from the Hellcat SRT web site/blog as those guys are starting to get UOA's at 1K, 2K, 3K miles on PU 0w-40 SRT.

Hellcat blog

I see 4 zinc results all in the range of 821-873 ppm.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I posted a link back in December from the Hellcat SRT web site/blog as those guys are starting to get UOA's at 1K, 2K, 3K miles on PU 0w-40 SRT.

Hellcat blog

Anybody know why Manganese is showing up in the oil after 500 Hellcat-miles? Not an oil additive. What engine part has that element?

I think they easily get away without using any more than merely the SN limits of ZDDP because of the high moly doing an AW job at those levels. Also maybe help from esters, which don't show up in a UOA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I'm going to mix in a quart of racing oil with 2200ppm.

Great... I thought about a quart of delo 15w-40,, since my X only takes 3.5 qts,,it should rise up zddp level. however, from the links on this tread I don’t find zinc and phosphorus to be really lower on srt oil, specially when compared to other sn gf-5 synthetic oils

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Hellcat blog

Anybody know why Manganese is showing up in the oil after 500 Hellcat-miles? Not an oil additive. What engine part has that element?

Every steel has some Manganese in it. Just sayin'

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Every steel has some Manganese in it. Just sayin'

Steel has less than 1% Mn. Not much. Not enough to drive up the Mn PPM in that guy's Hellcat UOA for sure. All the other UOAs I've seen have Mn at zero or 1 ppm, not the 16 ppm we see there.

My guess that its from special racetrack-ready manganese-bronze valve guides might be wrong, since tin is 0 ppm (although copper is very high....) in the dude's UOA.

So I'm changing my guess: It's the top piston ring. "The ring pack must seal the engine effectively while providing the least amount of parasitic drag, and it must last much longer than what a competition engine might be expected to. Here the Hellcat uses a 1.2mm steel top ring with a high-velocity oxygen fuel (HVOF) spray barrel face and a manganese phosphate coating. The 1.2mm second ring has a recognizable micro-Napier face with zinc phosphate coating, and the 2mm three-piece oil ring has nitrided stainless rails and a stainless steel expander." http://www.hotrod.com/features/1502-we-t...p-hellcat-hemi/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back