Poll: QSGB or MC synblend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motorcraft for me. It has run absolutely awesome in the lady's Camry. The quietest that car has ever run is with Motorcraft. So that is what it gets from now on going forward.

I have 0 doubt thought that QSGB is very good too.

Malbec or Merlot?
Either is good.
MC or QSGB are both good, so either.
No real preference I can see either way.
Which is cheaper?
I don't use either and probably wouldn't, having a huge syn stash, but if I were having to buy oil, I'd probably select the less costly of the two.

Motorcraft because I got a few jugs for $5 each from autozone clearance last year, never found QSGB that cheap, I never get a chance to try conventional oils, with these crazy autozone clearances.

In other words, whatever is the cheapest, because they are both quality products.

Last edited:
Running MC now, QSGB up next.

was able to get it last fall, combining sale price, coupons, and MIR, got 11 qts for about $11

This will be the First QS product i've used,though I've been a long time fan of other SOPUS products, mainly PYB, and Formula Shell.

the cheaper one gets my vote...Motorcraft is a great oil also.. Problem is they can change makers anytime without saying a word. I think the motorcraft kept my fords cleaner than the qsud its just they priced themselves out of my oil choice.

How high did Motorcraft go up to for ya crazyoildude ?? I'm surprised it went up so high that you didn't like the price.

It was a few years ago it went up around $5.00
And honestly there are too many other great oils out there.. Remember if prices go up and everyone keeps buying the product they can raise it more but if everyone stops buying it the price comes down usually.
And back then when the price went way up the dust on the containers went way up also so i was not the only one.

QSGB because Menards has sales of it for $2.50 a quart. Ive read it is about the same as PYB after 5,000 OCI's with Blackstone evaluations.

The MC Blend has to be stout seeing how Ford recommends it in everything, including some very heavy duty trucks. There are many very high mileage trucks and taxis running around that have used just MC. When it was cheaper at Walmart, it was the "go to" oil for many.

Quaker state green bottle would be my choice. But I agree with others..the MC has gone up in price. I can almost get the QSUD for the same price.

Crazyoildude: I don't think MC synblend is going to tell Conocco-Phillips to go bye bye. It's a good oil also, currently at $17.93 at my Wal marts.

Garak: nothing wrong with QSGB as I found some of Bill in Utah's posts as he ran tons of the stuff

Yes, Bill ran a lot of it, if I recall correctly. Most of what we ran for QS was before the Shell acquisition, even before Pennzoil acquired it. I continued using it afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back